BIG RANDY, Your knife handle

knifemaker

Here's the new handle on your old blade, thong hole like you wanted. I'm working on the sheath.:cool:

Here you are everything complete, I'll have it in the mail to you on Wed. Thanks and enjoy, Ralph

Last edited:

contender*

SSSSWWWWWWEEEETT!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That knife really turned out well!! Glad it got a good handle on it.

knifemaker

That knife really turned out well!! Glad it got a good handle on it.

Thanks, BIG RANDY hasn't answered my pm so I thought I might catch him here. It's got an antler end cap with five brass nails, looks good from the end too. I've got a nice leather thong to put in the handle and am making him a nice black leather sheath. I tried to make a period handle that would compliment that old blade. Do you think I succeeded?

Arrow3

Good looking knife!!

wranglerjoe1968

I have two questions for you. 1) How do you learn or how is the best way to learn how to make knives? 2) How much is a knife like that?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yessir! you suceeded very well!

Rabbit Hunter 101

That looks good. How would I go about having one made. Do you do it for others or just friends and such? I would like to have one done

BIG RANDY

AWSOME!!! Thanks it turned out great.

knifemaker

Answer to questions. A handle similar to that on a knife w/6 inch blade or less. and a handmade leather sheath for the knife, will cost approx 60.00. If I make the total knife, it will cost approx. 100.00. No two knives or handles turn out exactly the same, so I don't take exact custom orders. I make a knife and if you like it fine, if not, no problem, I'll sell it to someone else. I just like to make knives, and have been doing it for 35 years. It's a hobby and nothing else. I used to sell my knives at gun shows and at the Apple Festival in Ellijay. I no longer do that. I just make a few each year. As far as learning, I'm self taught, and far from perfect. There are several good books out there on how to make a knife. I may have a few basic ones, and will check and post if I can find them. Thanks for letting me be of service.

knifemaker

To answer questions about getting started making knives. Here are some good books. Probably find them on amazon.com. This one is very good but basic and cheap if you can find it. Title is--MAKE THE KNIFE YOU CARRY- By Kellen C. Greene Other good ones are--HOW TO MAKE KNIVES--By Barney and Loveless--THE HAND FORGED KNIFE--By Karl Schroen--CUSTOM KNIFE MAKING--By Tim McCreight and One of the best is STEP-BY-STEP KNIFEMAKING by David Boye Which I know is currently in print and should be easy to find. Hope that helps some of you.