The Real Meaning People have when they show up.

Skipper

Banned
Example:

Statement: Hi, I'm Bob the Computer technician. I'm here to upgrade the printer in your office to make your printing, faxing and scanning life easier.

Meaning: Hi, I'm Bob, Get ready for a 5 hour ordeal while I mess up every computer in the office and take a perfectly good working machine out and put one in that might work if we can get all the "Issues" resolved. We'll need to tie up all your phone lines for 3 of the 5 hours while I talk over the "issues" with techs that are more advanced than me.

Skipper

flyingt

Ha!! I had a tech guy here yesterday doing that exact thing!

In a tourist shop on the coast of Maine:

Tourist walks in.

Owner: hello and welcome to my wonderful shop, where you from??

Translation: pay me 5 times what something is worth and then leave you blam blamming tourist!!!

merc123

At least the tech showed up... I usually let you guys stew a bit while you're printer is broke.

CAL

Example:

Statement: Hi, I'm Bob the Computer technician. I'm here to upgrade the printer in your office to make your printing, faxing and scanning life easier.

Meaning: Hi, I'm Bob, Get ready for a 5 hour ordeal while I mess up every computer in the office and take a perfectly good working machine out and put one in that might work if we can get all the "Issues" resolved. We'll need to tie up all your phone lines for 3 of the 5 hours while I talk over the "issues" with techs that are more advanced than me.

Skipper

I think it is the owner or boss responsibility to have a good understanding in writing about what is fixing to be done and how long it will take,etc,etc,etc.Warranty and so forth!:flag:

Bill Mc

Been there.

Done that.

On both sides.

Skipper

Banned
I think it is the owner or boss responsibility to have a good understanding in writing about what is fixing to be done and how long it will take,etc,etc,etc.Warranty and so forth!:flag:

I'm the boss here. However, the computers have to be leased by me from the company I'm contracted to. I knew the guy was coming and what was being done, but have no say so in it. I just pay for them, I don't pick them or spec them out or anything of the such.

The existing printer wasn't broke and in fact has worked flawlessly for 4 years. It's problem was the lease was up on it.

I lease from the company, they lease from the manufacturer. Every so often they change manufacturers and out goes the old and in with the new.

Skipper