What are my chances?

turtlebug

Of getting the State of Florida to give me a refund of all the money they owe me? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just realized that they've been taking $10.50 out of every child support check every two weeks. :huh:

Well, there it is in black and white, "A processing fee not to exceed $5.25 per child support payment made". :smash:

Sooooooo, I'll give them the first year but add up all those extra $5.25 deductions for the last 10 years and that brings us to a total of $1365 that they've kept, over and above their own stated maximum/mandatory fees. :mad:

Oh WOW. This is gonna be a case of "The right doesn't know what the left was doing" I can see right now. :rolleyes:

I brought it to their attention, but I ain't gonna hold my breath. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NOYDB

BANNED
Gov't math.

Check is every two weeks which is twice a month, therefore twice the fee, twice a month.

Lorri

My question is why should you have to pay the processing fee in the first place - been a gripe of mine for years - why should it be taken away from the kids money. Why isn't the person having to pay the child support in the first place having to pay the fees above the money sent. There is a reason the government was involved in the first place.

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
Gov't math.

Check is every two weeks which is twice a month, therefore twice the fee, twice a month.

Tell Fla to hold the payment money and give you one lump sum payment once a year. I'll even kick in the one time processing fee for you:biggrin2:

turtlebug

It didn't start until Florida let that stupid "State Dispersement Unit" take over. :mad:

When they did, I noticed the change but thought it was because the County Clerk and the SDU were involved. Was looking on their website yesterday trying to figure out who I needed to complain to because about once every two months, they forget to push a button and DD my child support. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's when I ran across the statute about the fees. The maximum $5.25 is to be split between the county and the SDU.

I'm not gonna raise too big of a stink. I'm just thankful that although my ex is lower than a snake, he has remained gainfully emplyed with the Feds and that I get the child support. There's a LOT of folks that get none. :smash:

BUT, they been skimmin and Ima gonna call their bluff. :rofl:

turtlebug

Tell Fla to hold the payment money and give you one lump sum payment once a year. I'll even kick in the one time processing fee for you:biggrin2:

Not talkin to you. :smash:

You're standing me up this weekend. :whip: :cry:

Lorri

It didn't start until Florida let that stupid "State Dispersement Unit" take over. :mad:

When they did, I noticed the change but thought it was because the County Clerk and the SDU were involved. Was looking on their website yesterday trying to figure out who I needed to complain to because about once every two months, they forget to push a button and DD my child support. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's when I ran across the statute about the fees. The maximum $5.25 is to be split between the county and the SDU.

I'm not gonna raise too big of a stink. I'm just thankful that although my ex is lower than a snake, he has remained gainfully emplyed with the Feds and that I get the child support. There's a LOT of folks that get none. :smash:

BUT, they been skimmin and Ima gonna call their bluff. :rofl:

I don't know how Florida is - in Georgia they have
to be a month behind before you can do anything here.

Good Luck on recovering your fees :rofl: when
you figure out the secret please pass it on
to other folks.

You are so right about your ex being
employed and so many out of work but
they can recover the money from unemployment
checks to :cool: