**** (UPDATE) **** Jay Gregory (update with Tammi & Wyatt) -- Kansas buck w/ pics

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's funny right there. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I know. By the way, I killed one of those hunting like you mentioned except my thong was made from skunk. Do I still qualify?????? :bounce::bounce:

skunk works for the smaller folks:D

ask bubbabuck about the MORE THAN 90 hours on stand that week...

btw I meant to mention that after staying on stand from daylight to dark 8 of the 9 days we were there his bow tag was unfilled and he made a booboo on a itsy bitsy baby 8 on the last day with a gun...after our stands were "hand picked" for us and "saved" for us...after all we were there filming and after all we were such great clients

The Arrow Guru

holy crap, i was kidding

I thought that I made it very clear that my post was completely in jest. Looks like I open the flood gates. Sorry guys, didn't mean to poke anyone in the eye. Geeze, sometime people get so touchy. It was a joke, really.

Kevin Farr

I thought that I made it very clear that my post was completely in jest. Looks like I open the flood gates. Sorry guys, didn't mean to poke anyone in the eye. Geeze, sometime people get so touchy. It was a joke, really.

NO, I got it. It's cool by me. I read and understood what you said and that you were joking. But in case someone else was reading and didn't understand it was a joke, I thought I would respond in hopes that it didn't turn into anything negative. No harm, no foul ........... other than maybe my skunk thong mentioned above. :bounce::):bounce::) take care and kill a big un

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

no problem. but next time you gotta use a bunch of these lil fellas :bounce::fine::rofl::cool::biggrin2::hair:

:D

also, dont worry someone else will be on here soon enough knocking the kills:p

GTBHUNTIN

Hope I can put my younguns on a deer like that some day. Heck would like to kill one like that one day!

GTBHUNTIN

The deer in this pic is not Jay's largest either. I have his dvd (wanted) with a I believe a 200" or right at the 200" and he killed it on his farm. It was a neat kill because he had a lot of history with this particular buck and in the end of this episode all the guys that he hunts with came in and had that camp experience that we all love. calling your friends to come look at the big buck ya just killed. And in it he also had the all famous mark drury come over and look at it. Was very cool episode...my all time favorite

kevincox

Its all about WHERE and HOW MUCH you hunt. Jay Gregory is a awesome bowhunter. But so is another couple hundred of folks who live in and hunt the mid-west. I was at a Illinois site yesterday reading about a bowhunter(no one has ever heard of) who killed a 238 this year with his bow. That is his 4th B&C in 5 years with a bow and he only 29 years old. Get my point?

Brian from GA

Its all about WHERE and HOW MUCH you hunt. Jay Gregory is a awesome bowhunter. But so is another couple hundred of folks who live in and hunt the mid-west. I was at a Illinois site yesterday reading about a bowhunter(no one has ever heard of) who killed a 238 this year with his bow. That is his 4th B&C in 5 years with a bow and he only 29 years old. Get my point?

Yeah I read an article in Illinois Game and Fish a couple years ago that ranked the Illinois counties kind of like GON does. The county I hunt in had about 16 PYs listed. I have two on my wall that have never been entered and the guy I hunt with has well over 10 himself. All the guys we hunt with have at least 4 or 5 a piece and none of them care about official score. The only buck up there they had officially scored was a 12 pter that was locked up with a 7 pointer and found dead. The 12 pointer NETTED 204 6/8". So there are a ton of back woodsers up there that no one knows. But Jay Gregory is one of my favorites all the way back to when he was a teenager hunting with the Drury's.

Retired Army Guy

I couldn't agree more. I grew up in the mid-west and although some states very form one and another don't be miss led into thinking that monster bucks are running around like herds of cattle. You still have to be in an area that has good management and thats not hunted to death. Public land is quite scarce in some of the mid-west sates as well.
I hunted public land in KS a few years ago and was a bit disappointed. My friends were hunting a private farm less than 30 miles away the exact same time seeing tons of bucks in the 110'-120's they were passing up left and right. On public land I was seeing next to nothing and a 110" buck was my best sighting....of course I let him walk, not what I went to KS for. My point to consistently kill big bucks you have to consistently be where there are big bucks! The state alone is no guarantee.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
My point to consistently kill big bucks you have to consistently be where there are big bucks! The state alone is no guarantee.

thats it, then of course you have to make it happen when the opportunity presents itself...which is my problem:D

ClydeWigg3

I wish I had the Buckmaster here in Tallahassee to hunt the Talquin WMA. I'd like to see him pull a stud out of there.

Booner Killa

I tell you what.... One thing that irratates the heck outta me is when I hear someone bash a pro. I know there was joke here and nobody meant anything by it but most of the TV folks are just down to earth folks like us and someone takes a cheap shot at em that doesn't know em from Adam. Most of those guys hunt their tales off and work their butts off every day of the off season to get a shot at a booner.

BornToHuntAndFish

Incredible monster bucks. Have a blast with Jay's deer hunting videos.

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
i saw that show gtbhuntin he said 200 was his favorite out off more than 50 pope and youngs hes killed.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I tell you what.... One thing that irratates the heck outta me is when I hear someone bash a pro. I know there was joke here and nobody meant anything by it but most of the TV folks are just down to earth folks like us and someone takes a cheap shot at em that doesn't know em from Adam. Most of those guys hunt their tales off and work their butts off every day of the off season to get a shot at a booner.

yep

Kevin Farr

i tell you what.... One thing that irratates the heck outta me is when i hear someone bash a pro. I know there was joke here and nobody meant anything by it but most of the tv folks are just down to earth folks like us and someone takes a cheap shot at em that doesn't know em from adam. Most of those guys hunt their tales off and work their butts off every day of the off season to get a shot at a booner.

ditto