Some Early Growth

davidhelmly

I pulled all of my cameras when we shut the feeders down in early March except one, it was in the very back of our property and I just never got back there to get it. I got out yesterday for a couple of hours to do some shed hunting and was on the back part of our lease so I grabbed the camera while I was there and was pretty surprised, there hasn't been any feed in that feeder for a month and a half but I had almost 600 pictures of deer using the mineral lick next to the feeder in that time frame and the camera is set on a 5 minute delay.

I thought the first picture was kind of funny because of the little guy in the mineral lick already growing horns and the 2 year old still holding his rack from last year. It was good to see the bucks already putting some bone back on and with everything being as green as it is hopefully they will get some body weight back on quickly. I love watching them grow!!!

shdw633

When bucks grow as big as yours David, they have to get a head start on everyone elses!!! :cool:

Jim Boyd

Amen, sang the choir!!!

TurkeyBird

Looking good David! I usually refresh my mineral licks in February and they are crushing them now. In about a month, all my cams will go from turkey mode to deer mode!

davidhelmly

what feed are you using in the troughs?

Nothing since turkey season opened but they will be filled with Purina Antlermax 20 on May 16th!

Looking good David! I usually refresh my mineral licks in February and they are crushing them now. In about a month, all my cams will go from turkey mode to deer mode!

They are killing the minerals, they've got some of them dug out 2 feet deep.

BornToHuntAndFish

Wow, ain't that cool.

Thx for posting.

:D

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
The only thing this thread needs is a countdown Clock .... That would push us deer hunting junkies right over the edge!!! LOL!!!