.22 caliber bolt action

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
One that will shoot .22 short, 22 long ,and 22 long rifle. My henry will also shoot all three as well

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
452 CZ American is a great gun. I also shoot a Remington 513T, but it is not Military issue. Heavy, but sweet shooter.

Probably the most accurate 22 I own is a Savage Anschutz 64. Next would be a Winchester 310 single shot that has been massaged a bit.

redman2006

I have a CZ "trainer" that is a fabulously accurate rifle. A little more than some, but I would rather shoot that all day than any 10/22.

hdgapeach

Ok, I'll disagree. The Marlin's not bad, but if you really want a shooter, find an old Remington 510 (single shot), 511(detatchable magazine), or 512 (tube magazine). They are aweseome and can usually be found used for around $100 - $150. Construction is far better than the Marlin. That's what I'd look for.

X2 ^
I'd even add the Rem. 550 series to the lot, in case you want it in semi-auto, tube fed. I have three of the semi-autos and one of the tube fed bolt actions. Picked up the old tube feed bolt at the famed Jockey Lot in Anderson, SC ten years ago with a scope on it. Been driving tacks with it ever since. Two of the 550s came from dad. He took them in on pawn when he ran grandpa's shop back in the late 50's. Took 'em both in for $15 dollars each! They'll punch one hole in a target all day. No room for "new" for me so long as those ol' Remingtons are still around for sale!

Redbow

I have a Marlin 883 bolt action. First one I bought did not feed ammo as it should so the dealer sent it back for me and they sent me another one. Same issues with it just not as bad as the first on..I will never buy another Marlin . An older bolt action .22 should not be that hard to find in Remington or other brand...

walkinboss01

So what I discovered is you can't have just one good .22 rifle. I bought a CZ 452 heavy barrel. It was great and a crazy tack driver, but the more I looked the more I liked the older Winchesters. I'm a huge model 70 fan...I sold the CZ which still is a heart breaker and bought a Win sporter model 75. I love that rifle. I bought a tube fed model 290, and then I bought a reproduction "Japan " model 52 Sporter. I love that rifle as well. I guess the moral of the story is .22s are addictive. Lol

Bubba_1122

Browning T-Bolt.

Funny how threads can resurrect themselves.

I have a very old Browning T2 rifle in exceptional condition with an old Weaver 2-7 scope on it. Made in the 60's. Belgian made.

An absolute tack driver and very fun to shoot.

Can't imagine any reason that I would ever sell that gun.

GA native

I know the thread asked for bolt action. But I feel the need to add in the Henry pump action. Great little rifle right out of the box. Shooting off hand, at 25 yards, it shot 1" groups.
:flag: And it is American made.:flag:

Esau

Ruger American Rim-fire.

Possum

Banned
Ruger American rim fire gets my vote for bolt .22 lr