breaking bad bulldog behavior with shock collar

TripleXBullies

my American bulldog hates my neighbor and their dog. A few weeks ago she broke the fence to get their dog. Amazingly there was no blood. Not quite sure what she was doing if not really trying to hurt him. Also unlike I'd expect from bulldog, the water hose scared her off. in any event, I borrowed a collar from a buddy and just wanted to make sure it's powerful enough to help this kind of a dog. like I said the hose got her off and there was no blood so it wasn't a full on prey deive snap.

thoughts?

thanks

TripleXBullies

While I can readily see she doesn't like the dog or the guy for that matter, I didn't witness the "attack" so it may be getting over dramatized. In any case, I don't want her doing that any more.

I do have a trainer who I used to do protection work with but I just want break this. I'll probably be headed there soon anyway though.

TripleXBullies

Read as much as I could find and of course talked to my buddy about it. I started trying it just to see... and got it all the way to 7... Her smile muscles pull back a little bit but she doesn't seem to mind.. I am going to let it charge over night and I may need to make sure it's turned up to the high level as well...

roperdoc

You are in a precarious situation. There is already a documented escape/attack, no matter if it wasn't super serious. Bullies are obstinate and opinionated. You may change behavior while you're present but things may be different when you aren't.
Better make sure you have a truly adequate fence that is maintained well. Shots must be kept up to date. And a personal liability policy would be a good idea also. The responsibility in this situation is yours.
Good luck with her.

TripleXBullies

The collar works pretty well. It definitely detours her. Now I've got to hit her with it while I'm not outside... Maybe she's done though.