Goose needed

awm

I'm sure it's a long shot but does anyone have a goose in the freezer they don't want anymore? Maybe planning on mounting it and then changed your mind? I'm hoping to have my Boykin ready for September, and would like to work with one before then. I'm in coweta, thanks.

Attachments

• 20170423_110551.jpg
    20170423_110551.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 560

HalOutdoors

your going to love watching him drag it around. i definitely got a kick out of it the first time mine got a hold of one

I have seen force broke hundred pound labs turn and run when a broke wing wounded goose stood up to the lab.

awm

your going to love watching him drag it around. i definitely got a kick out of it the first time mine got a hold of one

Yea it's going to be interesting for sure, but he's pretty wide open and I'm pretty sure he'll get it figured out.

awm

I have seen force broke hundred pound labs turn and run when a broke wing wounded goose stood up to the lab.

Yea he's still young, this will be our first season. I'm not gonna send him on any unless they are done. I've heard some stories of some good goose fights, and don't wanna push it this year.

Yea he's still young, this will be our first season. I'm not gonna send him on any unless they are done. I've heard some stories of some good goose fights, and don't wanna push it this year.

Good idea. It took a few times for my dog to learn how to handle a wounded bird.

Water Swat

My 35 lb Boykin has chased down and killed. Retrieved and drug up onto dog stands many a mean fighting goose.

fastball_24

Two hunting seasons ago I put my lab on some geese we had killed in a small pond he went to bird and smelled him and came back it took me about 15 minutes to finally get him to retrieve it and bring it to me. Last year we put one down and he went straight to it no problem. He has not encountered a live one yet but I have heard it can get crazy.

g0nef1sshn

Two hunting seasons ago I put my lab on some geese we had killed in a small pond he went to bird and smelled him and came back it took me about 15 minutes to finally get him to retrieve it and bring it to me. Last year we put one down and he went straight to it no problem. He has not encountered a live one yet but I have heard it can get crazy.

Old story from florida guy said they would catch small gators and tape their mouths shut. throw them in the back of the trucks with the pups to let them whoop on them to teach them gators werent to be messed with.... one I never forgot.

My 35 lb Boykin has chased down and killed. Retrieved and drug up onto dog stands many a mean fighting goose.
Not what I said. I have seen boykins retreive wounded geese and do it as well as any lab. Its that first time that can get all of them.

flatsmaster

Here's some ..... Spec in Daytona Beach in June ... it really doesn't matter the month bc I've never seen any here before !!!! Not sure who was drooling more when we saw them me or my dog !!! :bounce:

Attachments

• IMG_8675.JPG
    IMG_8675.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 271

smoothie

You can buy one from a farm or anyone that raises them, save the receipt in your wallet or glove box and shoot it in front of the dog. Just have proof that you bought it

Gaducker

I got ducks in the freezer in Coweta and your more than welcome to them but no goose.

Gaducker

I'll come get all you want gone or are willing to give.

come on, they have been through a couple thaw and freeze cycles and I'm afraid they may slip so I'm not mounting any of them.