Monster bluegill

duckbill

This "football" was almost too much for my 4wt rod. Almost a foot long and 2" thick. He murdered a white Boogle Bug. Caught several nice 1 pounders this morning but this brute made them look small.:banana:

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
That old bull got by for a long time.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
That's a true string stretcher right there. A lot of bass fishermen would have second thoughts about their choice of sport if they caught a few of those.

duckbill

Ain't that the truth Fryer. Big bluegill on light fly rods or even light spinning tackle far exceeds any bass fishing enthusiasm for me.

T-N-T

I like a 13 ft cane (fiberglass) pole. They can make the line sing! One of my favorite fish to catch in the world

ilbcnu

looks like the monster brim we pull out of ocheesey pond down in sneads fl.

Buckhead

I hope you mounted that dude.

Nothing more fun than catching big bream on a light weight fly rod. Warm water fly fishing is my passion, especially ultra light gear. I have a 00, a 1 wt, two 3 wts and a 4 wt. All Sage rods.

Caught a big bull gill that went just under 2lbs with my 1 weight. Talk about a fight. More proud of that fish than some of the large bass I have caught.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Durn, that's a grown one!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
That's a good un for sure

duckbill

I hope you mounted that dude.

Nothing more fun than catching big bream on a light weight fly rod. Warm water fly fishing is my passion, especially ultra light gear. I have a 00, a 1 wt, two 3 wts and a 4 wt. All Sage rods.

Caught a big bull gill that went just under 2lbs with my 1 weight. Talk about a fight. More proud of that fish than some of the large bass I have caught.

You share my passion! Funny, my 2 wt was laying in the kayak but wouldn't dare try to use it in the cypress trees. Those big bulls are nasty in the timber

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Nothing like hearing that slurp when they take a popper.

That ole boy survived snakes, snapping turtles, and birds but his own greed and a Boogle Bug did him in.

Nice one sir!