Carrabelle River/St. George

Rabun

If you go to SGI try launching at the bridge ramp. From there you are close to some very good fishing....search Dustin Pate on here...he has some very good info with maps. You'll want to fish early in the am and late afternoon to dark. I like a top water at first light for trout...skitter walk. Target along grass lines during hi tide and falling tide and out over oyster bars. As the sun gets higher, try a paddle tail on a small jig head and throw a dead shrimp or better live pinfish in the deeper holes/troughs for reds. There is also flounder along the grass lines in the trough just in front of the grass.

Good luck...let us know how you make out.

FishingAddict

Thanks Rabin!So what is y'all's favorite place to fish a falling tide? I've always heard fish the grass in a rising tide. What about falling?

Rabun

I like fishing the grass edge during the beginning of a falling tide as bait fish and crabs will exit the grass as the water falls.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Rabin!So what is y'all's favorite place to fish a falling tide? I've always heard fish the grass in a rising tide. What about falling?

Find an oyster bar that has water funneling around it. It will set up a perfect ambush on the backside of the point. There are some very good ones around the Youth Camp area.

brriner

Here's the layout around the youth camp area. Arrows indicate the channel. Dots are areas I've fished and have caught trout, reds, and flounder.

YouthCampRamp-1.jpg

FishingAddict

Love that area. One time I saw a- and I know I sound like I'm exaggerating- 48 inch redfish tailing in the middle of those oysters where your dotted line it. Threw all around it and even on its head and she wouldn't eat. Just laughter at me and told me she didn't get that big eating lures. Her tail was nearly the size of my head.

FishingAddict

Thanks everyone! Fished one day in St George, one the creeks in Carrabelle, and one at Lanark. All great days and we caught flounder trout and redfish...and a ladyfish or 37.