Albany Archery shop

mstersmith

I asked a friend but he didn't seem to know of one. I move in a few weeks from Ca and am in search of a bow shop with a reliable bow tech. I would rather not use bass pro just my experience unless someone has a recommendation by name at that location. If anyone knows of a reputable shop within an hour or so of Albany I appreciate it.

uturn

There was a shop there I can't remember the name of it but, the fella that owned its name is Robbie Seiphers he was a Matthews Pro Staffer at one time...if he's still around he's was a pretty darn good bow-tech too!

Not sure if I spelled his name right... Maybe someone else will chime in with a little better information!

Good luck...some good deer woods in that area too!!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
There was a shop there I can't remember the name of it but, the fella that owned its name is Robbie Seiphers he was a Matthews Pro Staffer at one time...if he's still around he's was a pretty darn good bow-tech too!

Not sure if I spelled his name right... Maybe someone else will chime in with a little better information!

Good luck...some good deer woods in that area too!!
That was Solo Archery--- closed now. I use a guy in Tifton (30 minutes or so east of Albany) At Tifton Power Sports. Super knowledgeable and reasonable on the price

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Backwoods reopened. Solo been closed a good while now.

C Cape

Backwoods is the only gig in Albany now. Not sure how good of a tech they have though.

bthomas

Red Hills Outdoors in Americus is a Matthews/ Bowtech dealer. The few dealings I had with the tech there were good. Real nice guys.

mstersmith

Thank you for all the info! My place in Leesburg is goung into escro so fingers crossed on that! I forget that 30 min is a trip in the south I travel 1 1/2 hours for my current bow tech. All the info is greatly appreciated

stumpman35

Backwoods Outdoors is the only shop with a bow tech. Haven't had to use them yet, but they have a dedicated indoor archery range. I've only bought fishing stuff, but they seem like good people.

bowhunter65

I live in cuthbert a little less than an hr from Albany. I highly recommend Casey Weston at top bait in cuthbert. They carry Mathews and bear and also have some Hoyt and elite. Casey is a really great bowtech and the only person I'll let work on my bows.

mstersmith

Hope bumping an old thread isn't frowned upon but thank you for all the help. Backwoods has treated me and my family well. Grear bowtech and great people

OleRed15

Skip backwoods in leesburg and head down to South Ga Outdoors in Cairo. Go in and talk to Mitch, hes one of the best in the state bar none when it comes to bow work and they have a huge selection of high quality gear.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Robbie and Jeremy used to be in business together I believe. Both locations were Solo Archery at one time. Bemiss Rd I think, close to the base. If Jeremy is in the same location he had an indoor range there at one time as well.

The folks at Backwoods now are good folks...some of the old ones and some are new...can't comment on bow tech skills tho

Sowegan

South Georgia Outdoors in Cairo, Mitch is the man! Very knowledgeable. Good folks that will rig you right and go the extra mile.

The Arrow Guru

Closest to you would be Backwoods in Leesburg or Red hills in Americus. Both are Bowtech dealers.