Broadheads,,, for heavyweight

deast1988

I picked up an Elite off AT.

It's specs are Impulse 34 I wanna say 76-78lbs@28.5ins

I got it shooting goldtip kinetic Pearce arrows 300spine with the halfout inserts.

I haven't hunted with 125gr broadheads ever so I got 3 packs of hyperdermics 1 pack of rage extreme 1 pack of grim reaper Fatal steel. I got all the rage on closeout at midway $14.99 back in march.

Which of these would u go with. I'll chrono my bow this eve but currently it's burying an arrow deeper then the injections when I shot them. I've heard heavier poundage can really mangle a broad head so if you have owned or shot a heavy weight bow let me know what u think.

Ihunt

Never shot a setup that heavy but there are a few companies making some very large heads that would hold together better than the ones you have listed.

Since you're on AT im sure you know but just pointing it out in case you do not.

BowanaLee

Since you've already got 3 packs of rage hypodermics, I'd go with them. Your setup is not quite as heavy as a mid speed xbow. I wouldn't shoot them into a blob target much though.
Hopefully they'll all impact the same so you can hunt with them all ?

Burney Mac

You should be fine with either head you choose to shoot. My E 35 is set at 80lbs 30". It'll push a 500ish grain arrow at 285 fps. It pushes and 450ish grain arrow around 305 fps. I've shot a multitude of mechanicals and a few fixed blades with no ill effects. The only "mangled" part I've seen is with the critter that totes it.

The hypos aren't the most durable head I've ever shot as I'm not a big fan of the shock collar, I've bent some blades and a ferrule or two. I prefer NAP's killzone personally. However, I can't argue with the results I've had with the hypos. Of course I've had the same results with slick tricks and a few other heads.

You should be fine.