Best Hog Hunter in the Ga,Fl,Al area

Hawghunter89

i have been hog hunting a long time and the best man i have been with would have to be pitts with his plotts .not putting no one down i just like the way he hunts he knows his dogs .He raised his own dogs picked them as pups and 90 percent of them made great hogdogs

ThunderRoad

Banned
These made me laugh out loud. Thanks ThunderRoad, needed that today. I'll throw another vote in for "Drunk Jim". Tell him to have a Ole Milwaukee in Mules honor since he won't be seeing this.

I am honored to have you aboard my good sir...I will hand him a brew saying, "this bud's for you, Drunk Jim. From me, and Mule at the GON board."

Then he will say, "what the heck is a GON board?"
Then I will say, "Just shut up and drink you ole' rumpot"

THATS 2 FOR DRUNK JIM!!!!!:yeah::cool:

hawg dawg

To all the best hog hunters! Prove your dogs and yourselves by entering the wild hog challenge at Bass Pro in Macon. Let's see what you can bring in. I don't want to hear any excuses about being too far. This is the one boys; put up or shut up!Good prize money plus bragging rights. I personally challenge every hog hunter out there to see what we can bring in. :yeah: It's time to get fired up!:D

Last edited:

WolfPack

Banned
FINE....I nominate Sean Kelly!:D

southgahoghunter

hawg dawg I will be there for sure but I wish the format was a little diffrent it kind of seems to me that any one who has some dogs can get lucky and catch one big hog I wish it was the most hogs or the most weight on 5 hogs would be even better just my 2 cents

hawg dawg

hawg dawg I will be there for sure but I wish the format was a little diffrent it kind of seems to me that any one who has some dogs can get lucky and catch one big hog I wish it was the most hogs or the most weight on 5 hogs would be even better just my 2 cents

Very true! keep in mind this is the first one and he had to start somewhere. I am almost possitive if we have a good hunter turn out that the SOS guy's will do another hunt. so spred the word. we need events like this.

sammy3304

i will have to say my daddy and papa..i have never met anyone like them when it comes to hog hunting..or any hunting..

southgahoghunter

Very true! keep in mind this is the first one and he had to start somewhere. I am almost possitive if we have a good hunter turn out that the SOS guy's will do another hunt. so spred the word. we need events like this.[/QUOTE

X2 hope for a huge turn out that is just more people I can say I beat lol jk
I really do think that it will help to progress the sport and also to help presserve dog hunting in georgia something that really needs to be done there are a lot of people out there that would love to see gone

sghoghunter

i dont think there is a best hog hunter but the best dog man slash hog hunter that i know of would have been gene brooks he could take a dog and make it do things most have never seen...

x2 on Mr.Brooks.Him and Mr.Leon came down here and hunted with me,Gigem and Bduck last year and was able to catch a real good trophy boar.Wish I could of met Mr.Joe

SOS KEN

HEY GUYS IT GOES LIKE THIS IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CHALLENGE !!!

BRING EM ON TO BASS PRO SHOPS MACON AND SEE WHO TAKES HOME THE PRIZED 1ST-3RD BELT BUCKLES AND CASH AND GIFT CARDS !!!. IT IS A FULL PAYOUT HUNT BASED ON HOW MANY WHO ENTER. IF 2 DOG TEAMS SHOW UP I WILL PAY WHAT I TAKE IN.

I have been talking about this Challenge for 8 months since Bass Pro Shops took us on and was kind enough to host the Challenge for everyone. I asked countless times from several doggers to give their input on the format. I listened and 90% said BIGGEST CUTTERS !!!! BIGGEST CUTTERS !!! BOAR HOGS ONLY !!! BOAR HOGS ONLY !!! THE TROPHEY IS THE CUTTERS LIKE THE HORNS ON A DEER MOST OF YOU SAID. I EVEN GAVE THE DOGGERS THEIR OWN DIVISION AND SEPERATED THE STAND AND STILL HUNTERS. Bottom Line is I have put lots of money into this thing to have fun. I knew going into this that I would not be walking away with a pocket full of cash. This is more of a prelude to the Extravaganza Convention in Perry in May which is something else I am doing for fun. IS THE FIRST THROUGH THIRD PLACE WINNERS THE BEST IN THE SOUTHEAST. THEY WILL BE FOR THE ONES THAT TURN IN A HOG WITH THE LARGEST CUTTERS ON JAN 23rd. IF THEY ARE LUCKEY ENOUGH.

THERE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT BETTER HUNTERS OUT THERE THAT WILL NOT AND CAN NOT BE AT THE CHALLENGE FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER. I was given tips of several penned up Barrs and confronted one guy in North GA. He denied the alligation and called me back and admitted his intent. I then decided to take Barrs out of the Challenge because I feel that free range Boars are the most honest way to judge. You may agree or you may disagree. There is no way that I am going to make everyone happy. If your team takes down a 60 pounder with tooth picks. Please just bring it in and join the fun. I does not mean you are the lesser or better hunter. What it means is that day was not your day like any other hunting.( Who Is The Best Hog Dogger? Its Like How Many Licks Does It Take To Get To The Center Of A Tootsie Pop. The World May Never Know. ) :cheers:

wildhogs2000

To all the best hog hunters! Prove your dogs and yourselves by entering the wild hog challenge at Bass Pro in Macon. Let's see what you can bring in. I don't want to hear any excuses about being too far. This is the one boys; put up or shut up!Good prize money plus bragging rights. I personally challenge every hog hunter out there to see what we can bring in. :yeah: It's time to get fired up!:D

I'm in on the bass pro challange. Now we are talkin, it sounds like a good time. I would brag about me and my dogs but everytime I do that they make a lyer out of me. So I will see you guys their!

hawg dawg

I'm in on the bass pro challange. Now we are talkin, it sounds like a good time. I would brag about me and my dogs but everytime I do that they make a lyer out of me. So I will see you guys their!

LOL! I heard that We never brag on our dogs.:D They will make you tell a lie :bounce: I will be looking for you there. It would be cool to get all the woody doggers together at the challenge. To meet, talk and shoot the Bull.

Tyson Wilkerson

Well since I voted for myself for governor the other day I might as well throw my name in the pot for this too.anyone who knows me,knows I'm more than qualified for either one!!!

crackercurr21

i knwo this is off topic but macon is 8-10 hr north of me can i bring my hogs to the bass pro shop here in ft myers and have thenm send whatever they need to send to the one in macon????

crackercurr21

well it was worth a shot i think in yrs to come once this gets going good w bass pro shops yall should have stores connecting the tourney so people all over can do it jm2c. if i was in talley i would be participating good luck on it and all who are hunting for it

SOS KEN

Crackercurr21 .... We are working on just that. This is a trial because it has never been done before. This is a trial run for fun. I just want everybody to have a good time. Maybe you can come up for the Extravaganza in May. I think its gonna fly. I appreciate your support and interest. sos ken

MULE

I think "Drunk Jim" could use this win. If there isn't a candidate you've got your eyes on, then by all means give "Drunk Jim" a chance to be your man.