Good deer processor near Athens

How about anything Athens and south? Watkinsville, Greensboro? Seems to be a lot of good ones on the north side of Athens.

As far as I know, there is not a deer processor in Oconee or northern Greene County. I am not sure whether Greshamville Mall, off HWY 278 between Madison and Greensboro is processing deer this year.

I just saw an advertisement for Firetower #2 in Stephens, which is southern Oglethorpe County. Don't know anything about it.

We hunt on the Oconee/Greene County line and go to Hicks.

jasonC

The cleanest place you will find near Athens will be Woods in Ila.. Nice people and very clean for a processor...

biker13

There's one on 15(?) south of Greensboro,Greene County Processing,I think is the name.Across from EMC.

Chaz

Greene county Processing,Had a buddy get a hog done there they ruined the sausage with too much salt way too much

bilgerat

Senior
Bo's deer processing is In Bethlehem/Winder just off 316 a few miles past the Ga club golf course, at 835 Harrison Mill Road, he does a great job

Windale

Hick's in Crawford on Crawford-Smithonia Rd has been doing mine for about 4 years. They are fast and super nice people. I haven't had one complaint yet.

the Lackster

I would drag mine to dormineys before i would drive it anywhere else. Very clean and wonderful christian people. Just sayng. Woods is ok. I live across the road it seems to keep busy.

Craig Knight

Don't know how far you'd be willing to go but Dorminey's in Carnesville is probably the, no it is the best processor I've ever done business with.

Dorminey's Deer & Hog Processing, 560 Farmers Academy Rd., Carnesville, (706) 384-5509.

Mark

Best there is plain and simple. 65 miles or so 1 way from my house but thats where all mine and everyone that hunts with us takes theirs to.

Hick's in Crawford on Crawford-Smithonia Rd has been doing mine for about 4 years. They are fast and super nice people. I haven't had one complaint yet.

I don't know how long I (and other members of my club) have been going to Hicks, and we have never had a complaint. As you say, super nice, super helpful, and very reasonably priced.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I agree with the recomendations for the Deer Market. They are about 15 miles north of the Athens perimeter east of Nicholson.

Marlowes Deer Market
7160 S Apple Valley Rd
Jefferson, GA 30549-6048

(706) 367-2830

stuffer