Hartwell

goldentrout

If you have time to go to Hartwell the area near the dam is the place to be for stripers and hybrids. Have not heard if the rain slowed it down, but it might be worth your time.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hope to begin fishing next year at Hartwell. I am renovating a home up there now and when it is is finished I am going to look you up and get you to help me learn about the lake.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Off Mt Olivet Rd in Sanders MHP

flattop

I always enjoy fishing on Hartwell. I usually fish with a guide out of Portman Marina. My son just loves catching Hybrids and Stripers. I do not have a boat to fish Hartwell or any other large lake. So a guide serves me well.

flattop

Here's a pic

Here is a pic of our last trip in March. :cool:

Attachments

• robman.bmp
    14.1 KB · Views: 310

Snakeman

Hilton, any time you're over here working on the house, give me a holler.

I'd love to come over and watch you work. :D :D

The Snakeman

Adirondacker

Hartwell is "boiling"

been hitting Hartwell 3 or 4 evenings per week for last month. 1-4 pounders are smashing shad at surface. I never fished for or caught a striper or hybrid before that time. The action has been very good at times. LAst thurs. you could see schools smashing the surface as far as you could see. No exagerating! I boated 17 in less than two hours. Lost or broke off half that many. Unbelievable. New to this so I have no idea how long it will last. Has kept me out of my bow stand!

TurkeyCreek

when i was growing up (late 60's -70's) we had a cabin at hartwell on eastanolle creek. in the summertime, in the afternoons we would always go out and wait for the white bass to start hitting the schools of shad. they would be all over the place just tearing it up and you could catch one every cast on a little cleo....that was some of the most fun fish i have ever had.