Hog tracks (Updated with pics)

Okie Hog

After shooting wild hogs at feeders for over 10 years, i'm tired of feeding them. IMO: If they want food they can pick up some corn around the trap until they get enough courage to go in. It's OK to attract hogs with a feeder. Once the hogs keep coming in set up the trap and turn off the feeder. Our portable traps are too low for a deer to get into.

Recently found a good technique that a hog trapper on another forum suggested. When putting a trap at a new location; put some corn around the trap and keep it replenisned. Bait the trap with corn and keep it closed up tight. The hogs will try to get in the trap after the corn.

After a week or two open up the trap. Klanggggg.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I was thinking maybe 200 on the first one and 70-80 on the second.

95g The farm is off of gillsville hwy just outside of gainesville heading towards jefferson.

Does anyone think these might be the only 2 I have or do the piglets if there are any not always come with them.

If they do..........they dont know pigs:confused:

I saw 7 or 8 pigs off of the 400 ext, bout 1/2 mile North of the intersection with 60.
This was back in 2001, when I worked in Dahlonega..............someone said the Farmers pigs got out again:rofl:

That was 10 years ago; do the math!

The only thing I am surprised about is that you are just now seeing them!

Your Farm may not be "Loaded" but you got way more than two!;)

I figured there were more than two. Just havn't seen them also was wandering if I should set up back on the creek where the most rubbed trees and wallows are. Had someone tell me they only use the wallows in the summer heat. Thanks for all the replies and pointers. Cant wait to :shoot: one or two havn't had wild hog in about 10 years.

Another week and no more hog pics the farmer did move his cows back into the pasture the day after I got the pics would that push them out of the area.

95g atl

Another week and no more hog pics the farmer did move his cows back into the pasture the day after I got the pics would that push them out of the area.

they will be back - unfortunately.

I have a portable trap (4x8 feet) that is sitting in my yard right now that i'm not using till after deer season or summer. It's only about 3' high, so deer will not go in.

If you (and with the landowner's permission) are very serious about baiting and catching these things, please send me a PM and I can let y'all borrow it for a few months and see if you catch anything.

Only stipulation is if you catch a few, let me have one. :)
-Brian

nockemstiff

Mine have only recently been coming back to the feeder. I think they were in the acorns. I have been hearing them on opposite side of prop so I knew hogs were still around. Maybe something like this has yours eating elsewhere for the moment?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
they will be back - unfortunately.

I have a portable trap (4x8 feet) that is sitting in my yard right now that i'm not using till after deer season or summer. It's only about 3' high, so deer will not go in.

If you (and with the landowner's permission) are very serious about baiting and catching these things, please send me a PM and I can let y'all borrow it for a few months and see if you catch anything.

Only stipulation is if you catch a few, let me have one. :)
-Brian

What a Deal! Ya'll need to hook up!!

post up some pix:)

Brian if I decide to try a trap you will be getting a pm. Did have a single set of tracks on the powerline after the rain so theres at least one still around I'm about done with deer for the season so probably gonna set up some different stands and a blind this weekend to try and get on them. Thanks Shawn

95g atl

Brian if I decide to try a trap you will be getting a pm. Did have a single set of tracks on the powerline after the rain so theres at least one still around I'm about done with deer for the season so probably gonna set up some different stands and a blind this weekend to try and get on them. Thanks Shawn

Absolutely....
just let me know.