LED flashlight

7Mag Hunter

I bought a 1000 lumen at Home Depot Friday for $29 that was in the Christmas specials that is really nice. It uses 3 D-cell batteries and I think you could land a plane with it. LOL

Yep' I got my eye on one too...Saw them last week; but
was in a hurry and did not pick one up.....Next trip...:banana:

01Foreman400

Staff member
Just bought 2 Surefire Titan T1A's and a Surefire U2 that will be modded.

whchunter

Defiant

Bought the 1000 lumen Defiant at Home Depot. This light is super bright and uses D size batteries which are easy to find and replace. It has a high/low setting thereby allowing more battery life. The only negative is the size and weight that is unless you like your flashlight to double as a weapon. This material of this light appears to be aluminum and could be used a nightstick. I'd guess it's about a foot long. Wish it had a place to add a neck cord. I'll keep this one in my truck. :D

tr21

4Sevens Quark AA² Turbo

200+ lumins, AA batteries, and a 10 year warranty for under $50.

I had a 4sevens about 2 weeks and it would go from bright to dim on its own. took it out to our tool truck and they replaced some parts on it. a week later was in the woods and it either wouldn't come on or was dim. took it back and asked to swap it for any cheap plastic flashlight. got a streamlight and it's been great for 2yrs. now. a co worker of mine had the same problems. I would only carry a 4sevens in a open field on a bright sunny day and have a lighter for back up !

cmfireman

Best $10 light I've found. More like a flood light. Larry light
sample1.php

New one, haven't tried it yet but I bet it is good. Larry light2
sample1.php

These are awesome little lights to keep in your car and around the house. They put out a flood beam vs. a spot.

I hung one inside an 8 man tent when camping and it lit up the whole thing.

Haven't seen the Larry 2, I'll have to pick one up.

Gaswamp

Bought the 1000 lumen Defiant at Home Depot. This light is super bright and uses D size batteries which are easy to find and replace. It has a high/low setting thereby allowing more battery life. The only negative is the size and weight that is unless you like your flashlight to double as a weapon. This material of this light appears to be aluminum and could be used a nightstick. I'd guess it's about a foot long. Wish it had a place to add a neck cord. I'll keep this one in my truck. :D

started to pick one of those up the other day just to try

660griz

NiteCore HC 30 Headlamp / hand held. 1000 lumens.
Awesome light.

keokol

Thinking to buy a new led flashlight. What do you think about the Fenix PD35 tactical flashlight? Did anyone use this flashlight? The UC35 similar type flashlight. Although, pd35 price is higher than the Fenix uc35. I am looking for the effective guide about those flashlights.

Last edited:

Gaswamp

Thinking to buy a new led flashlight. What do you think about Fenix PD35 tactical flashlight? Did anyone use this flashlight?

looks like a nice flashlight. I have a Fenix fd20 and really like it.

LTZ25

fenix, surefire, and streamlight are good choices

Those are all great lights but FENIX takes Fenix batteries and they are very hard to find and kinda high $ , even rechargeable batteries have to e replaced every few years .