Missing Brittany - Beaufort SC: UPDATED: FOUND

WilcoSportsman

All: Posted this in the Around the Campfire forum, but figured I'd put it here too.

One of our dogs went missing this morning outside of Beaufort. His name is Jeb and is a liver/white Brittany that's 6 years old.

He went missing in the vicinity of SC 462, Bolan Hall Road/Tickton Hall Road. If anyone travels through this area, uses the Bolan Hall boat ramp, or has a friend/relative close by please be on the lookout.

He is very sweet natured and will come when called. My dad's contact information is on his collar.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 44147.jpg
    44147.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 2016030795212357.jpg
    2016030795212357.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

WilcoSportsman

Thanks CC Rider.

Praying he turns up soon.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I hate seeing these lost dog posts knowing the anxiety level of being in your shoes. I hope to hear a good news report soon. Gil

WilcoSportsman

Still hasn't shown up.

Praying and hoping that he'll find his way back soon.

If anyone is passing through this part of SC please be on the lookout.

pine nut

were ya hunting ? I have seen leaving an article of clothing with the owners scent on it near where you missed him work to kinda tell him you'll be back. That is a sick feeling and I( hope something happens to bring him back. females anywhere around and in heat may be what led him off.

WilcoSportsman

were ya hunting ? I have seen leaving an article of clothing with the owners scent on it near where you missed him work to kinda tell him you'll be back. That is a sick feeling and I( hope something happens to bring him back. females anywhere around and in heat may be what led him off.

My dad wasn't hunting, just taking a weekend trip to check on the house. He was loading up on Sunday and when he went to load the dogs up Jeb had disappeared.

Hopefully he smelled a dog in heat and will turn up soon.

Nervous a passerby might have grabbed him or a gator got him.

Praying he turns up today.

WilcoSportsman

He was just spotted in the vicinity of Strawberry Hill Road and SC 462.

If anyone around this area please be on the lookout.

WilcoSportsman

He was spotted at Coolers grocery off 462 but they weren't able to catch him.

He was last seen heading north on SC 462 towards Coosawhatchie.

If anyone is close to this area please be on the lookout.

WilcoSportsman

Still no update.

Have contacted the manager at Good Hope Plantation. If he gets off the highway that's where he'll end up.

Praying he stays away from cars and gets found soon.

WilcoSportsman

Miracle

It's a miracle. My dad found him walking down the middle of SC 462 at dusk almost to I95. A shade under 10 miles from where he was spotted this afternoon.

Thank The Lord there was a bad thunderstorm that was keeping traffic off the highway and that he was able to cross paths with my dad.

Gave my dad a big ole hug in the middle of road once he realized who it was.

Thank you to everyone who helped get the word out and prayed.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Good news. A lot of luck. Last month a good friend of a buddy left town for a few days and had someone take care of his two dogs in a kennel. They got loose; one dog made it back and the other one was killed on the road. It was a fine Brittany. The owner found his body on the roadside miles from home several days later. A dog has to survive a bump from a car to be street and car wary. Most aren't. I doubt this will happen with Jeb again.

WilcoSportsman

Back Home Safe

Definitely alot of luck and alot of divine intervention.

Kept thinking of the hound in the 1st chapter of Where the Red Fern Grows. No matter how long or ardidous the journey, he was gonna find his way back.

It's good to have him back

Attachments

• 47350.jpg
    47350.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 161

Big7

The Oracle
Sounds like a good ending to what could
otherwise been a bad story.

I love my dogs and treat them like kids.

My Grandmother loved her dogs and cats too.

Rebel's Dad

This is great to hear--I was almost afraid to check in!

My Traveller dog--10 1/2 now--was gone for three days once. It's a gut wrenching thing.

Give Jeb an extra treat or two.

My Britt puppy is named Jeb...