Rocky boots will not back the boots they make!

BCHunter

I bought a pair of Rocky boots with the air pillows in them. I liked them until i stuck a piece of iron in the pillow. I took them to the store where i bought them, (Strickland Boots in Dublin) Mr . Rodney looked at them and told me to go pick out some more boots. I dont know if Rocky would have covered them but Stricklands did.

Mr. Rodney knows his footwear! I have had neuropathy in both my feet for 2 years from a broken L5 vertebra (just found out what was causing the pain in my feet..thank God! ) I told him how my feet felt and he showed me a pair of boots that were very comfortable to wear. Give Rodney, Terry & Mark a try if you are ever in Downtown Dublin. Good Folks & Good Friends!

thomas the redneck

my boy wore a pair of rockys for two years and finaly out grew them and handed them down to his little bro got him a new pair with his christmas money and i did two
i love mine comfortable and got a tundra boot tread great ankle support just heavy

sleepr71

No more Rocky's for me:(. The soles have literally disentegrated & crumbled apart within 1 year of buying each pair! I thought the first pair was a fluke..so I gave 'em a second chance &...same results:mad:. FWIW, I only wore these boots during hunting season(stored inside all other times) so wasn't like I was wearing 'em out working in them(they probably wouldn't last a month;)). Sleepr71.

johnnybangbang

Rocky Boots stink!

I bought my first pair of Rocky's. They lasted about two seasons before the soles started to crack and fall apart.

Yesterday I put on the Old Rocky's (to go out and brush the snow off of the cars) and the soles had turned to mush. They left a trail of black, sticky footprints on the carpet and vinyl floor. My suggestion to anyone else would be to try a different brand.

bnew17

Mr. Rodney knows his footwear! I have had neuropathy in both my feet for 2 years from a broken L5 vertebra (just found out what was causing the pain in my feet..thank God! ) I told him how my feet felt and he showed me a pair of boots that were very comfortable to wear. Give Rodney, Terry & Mark a try if you are ever in Downtown Dublin. Good Folks & Good Friends!

aint that the truth! Mr Rodney and the gang are super nice folks and i wont do business with nobody else. Not to mention they will actually help you find a boot that fits specifically to your foot. not gonna get that kinda service at the big box stores.

bg7m

No more Rockys for me. The soles on my Bear Claws cracked and crumbled a couple years after I paid $160 for them.

joedublin

Solution to ALL the problems is just to buy EVERYTHING from Cabelas....they are GREAT at 100% backing up anything they sell, even if the manufacturer won't !!!

try lacross i have had 3 pairs of different types and havent wore a set out yet just outgrew them. they last for a very long time

striper commander

I just looked at my danners and it says they are made in china. I thought they were made in the usa. I worked with a guy a few years ago when rocky was having the sole problems and he told me he went out with a new pair of rockys and thought he was going to be barefooted before he got back to camp. He said the soles just fell apart on a brand new pair of boots.

Matt A

This is an interesting thread and it does not look good for Rocky! I emailed them earlier this week to inquire about their warranty. I've had two pair of Rocky's in the past (Cornstalker and Bruin) and the soles came apart on both. I really like the look of the Aztec snake boot but I won't try it if they won't back it. No reply from them yet.

glynr329

I like the boots but a good pair of boots without any soles is kinda useless. I call and was told you must have walked in some kind of chemicals to make your sole turn to like sponge. I promise my boots never went anywhere but in the woods. Not on the way to the woods.So there you go all you guys have walked in some kind of chemical in the woods...........lol

cramer

I bought a pair of Rocky Bear Claws in '04 and they were the most comfortable footwear I have ever known and they were actualy waterproof.
Used only for hunting and stored in plastic between seasons.
Last season - the soles started crumbling off .
I figured I got my money out of them, so I got a new pair last week @ BPS .
I did not see this thread, but did see some other complaints about Rockys so I made sure to get a GORTEX model - Lynx.
They're still in the box and haven't been worn yet.
Now I'm wondering about returning them.
Has anyone had trouble with Gortex leaking ? I never did before.
Also - I still have the old pair and was wondering if putting on a new pair of soles would be an option and who does that around the southside of ATL.

66 POJ

Does this look familiar to anybody?

YES!
I had mine for a few years before they did the same thing. They were very comfortable and could have been re-soled.
Rocky's inability to return my calls or emails and premature sole failure turned me against them.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I have had several pairs of Cornstalkers & Bearclaws. The last pair I bought about 5 years ago. They leak like a screen door and the laces cut through the tongue.
No more Rocky Boots for me. They suck.