Camping at Carter's Lake (question)

jcarleto

Anyone know if you can camp at Carter's Lake? If so, what are the details or whom might one contact for details?

We are considering a weekend kayak fishing stay-over with a few folks.

Artfuldodger

I'm not sure what type of camping you are looking for. Doll Mtn Campground looks nice for a developed campground with hookups.

There are a few you tube videos;

Artfuldodger

It appears the fishing is hit or miss but it looks so nice I wouldn't let that deter me from going. Take some hamburgers and tube steaks.

It's not too far from Taylorsville. I'd rather camp there in the summer than Allatoona although the fishing might not be as good. At least it would be a new experience assuming you've been to Allatoona Lake.

gunnurse

You can look at the Ridgeway Recreation Site on Highway 282 which runs from Chatsworth to Ellijay. Very nice campground managed, I believe, by COE. Just down the road from Ridgeway is Woodring Branch boat ramp. I love to kayak there. There is a slew where Tails Creek comes into Carter's there. The water drops to about 40' just off the far bank at about three feet out. There is a really good channel from the creek at this boat ramp.

jcarleto

THANKS!
I have forward all this great information to the folks making the decisions. Not sure what the plan is yet, but I will post pictures after the fact.