where can i find bait/shrimp st, marys area

Ga. Swamper

hoping to take a friend and his two sons to the jetty area saturday. the boys are 13 and 15 never been there. the friend is a fireman city of waycross never been to the jetties. so i have but along time ago. he was not a fisherman per say but these boys love it, took whitting fishing they had a blast. they have done the peir,bridge river and pond thing, nice young men, one leans more to hunt the other to fishing.
i did know whereto go for bait but been 3 years or more.
thanks ron

trippcasey

Buccaneers Bait and Tackle opens early on Saturday mornings and is right there on the same road as the North River ramp, best ramp to use for going to the jetties. James is a good man. There is also a little bait shop by the downtown ramps. Never used it, but he has live bait too. Northstar Bait and Tackle is at Crooked River State Park, but that's a long haul to the jetties from there.

Mexican Squealer

caught a pile of med shrimp yesterday in the mouth of Beach creek in three throws of the cast net. First creek on the right on the inside, southern end of Cumberland. Didn't take long to turn them in to Trout, Flounder and a few short Reds.

Steve762us

Shrimp are starting to show in bait size...and they'll still be alive, twenty minutes after you put em in the baitwell. Caveat emptor!

Ga. Swamper

thanks, been to the newer ramp once but can,t remember exact route, that bait shop is on the left i believe going n to st mary.s ramp close by on right.

CCROLAND

thanks, been to the newer ramp once but can,t remember exact route, that bait shop is on the left i believe going n to st mary.s ramp close by on right.

The ramp is at the old Mill Site. The bait shot will be on the right hand side as you are going to the ramp.

The address is 290 Meeting St E.

That road dead ends to the ramp.