Fishing This Coming Sunday 7/23

GSUbackwoods

My Paw-in-law is wanting to wet a line this coming Sunday the 23rd and looking at the tide charts it looks as it will be crappy due to the new moon. So I'm looking for some advise as what to would be our best bet due this being his first trip with me in the 5 years he has been wanting to go. I have a 19' skiff and typically put in at Turner's and fish Wassaw but I'm up for anything. I would like to go nearshore but its still too soon to get a good feel for the weather. Any advise on where to try and what setups?

GSUbackwoods

I will try to get some planer boards and spoons this week, I've never tried trolling nearshore before. If weather seems decent we will give it a try, it will be my wife, paw in law and bro in law and they never been offshore before.

Riplukelee

I'm no expert but did really good about a month ago with the Mackerel. Used 20-25' 25# fluorocarbon leader with a trolling weight and a couple different sized/colored spoons. Also, had someone standing on the front of the boat and casting out and reeling in as fast as you can with about a 4-6' 25# fluorocarbon leader with trolling weight and spoon. Caught nearly as many casting as we did on the trolling rods. We caught 18 in about two hours at SAV.

Latest posts