Bushnell AR optics 3-9X40

rosewood

I recently picked one of these up at Academy on clearance for like $65. Put it on top of my contender 7-30 waters 23". This scope has bright clear optics and tracks well. The side parallax adjustment worked well.

After zeroing at 100 yds, I decided to try the target turret on the 500 yard gong. Punched the info in my On Point Ballistics app, cranked it 98" and missed. Then I revisited my input and realized I was using data for a 16" barrel, not the 23", added an estimated FPS gain, readjusted the turrets for the appropriate drop (75"/58 clicks, I think) and bingo. Popping 500 yard steel every time aimed at center cross hair. Cranked the turret back to 100 yards and back on zero. Quite pleased with this scope, and at the clearance price, it was a steal.

Rosewood

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have been using Bushnell scopes for around 30 years and have never had a hiccup from any of them. I put a 4.5-18x40mm AR/223 scope on my AR-15 and love it. You got a great scope and it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY. I even put a 4-12x40mm RIMFIRE Bushnell on my 10/22.

gt40

Attachments

• archangel stock .jpg
    archangel stock .jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 102

creation's_cause

Great review and performance on your Bushnell...seems that many of the scopes are weakest in the material that form and move the reticle. I was disappointed when I found out that the SWFA I purchased had set screws that held the elevation adjustment knob to a brass rod. Seems that could easily loosen after minimal use?