WMA hunting results summary - update

oldfatbubba

I've updated my pivot table report with all data in the DNR database as of Dec 11. Results from many of the November quota hunts are still missing. I refresh this report frequently so you may want to bookmark it.

Link to pivot table report

Last edited:

Buck Nasty

Pretty cool info....The one thing that I see that might be a little misleading in the numbers is you are including hogs as a part of your success rate. I am not sure if that was your intent or not. Those numbers inflate the overall success if you only wanted to count "deer".. Deer only, the success rate would be slightly lower at ~9.9%.

oldfatbubba

Hi, Buck Nasty. Thanks for the comment and suggestion. I intentionally included hogs in the success rate calculation because the data includes several hog-only hunts. If I were to exclude hogs from the calculation, the success rate for hog-only hunts would be 0%. Furthermore, there are a couple of deer hunts where as many hogs are killed as deer: Sapelo Island & Ossabaw Island. Regardless, I understand your point and can add a 'deer only' success rate. Thoughts?

oldfatbubba

Thank you, Killmaster & Buck Nasty for your input. I've updated the charts per your recommendations. Feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

mbentle2

Very cool. Thanks for your hard work. This is a great tool. Any idea on when all the data for this year will be available?

oldfatbubba

Any idea on when all the data for this year will be available?

Unfortunately no and I'm surprised that results from some of the larger WMAs such as Oconee, Tuckahoe, Clark's Hill, and Di-Lane have not been been published. Results from Yuchi, Fishing Creek, Albany Nursery, and a others smaller areas are also outstanding.

FWIW, I update this report 2-3 times per week as new information is published and typically do not mention it in this forum.

Regards
Bubba

oldfatbubba

The DNR had published all the results it has available for the 2015/16 season. Results from a few WMAs are missing. I plan to call the managers for a few of those area to try to fill in the gaps. More to come.

oldfatbubba

It appears that results from *all* 2015 WMA deer hunts are now in the DNR's database. I have just updated my pivot table report to include the new data and added a new report that compares 2015 with 2014. Here's a LINK to the updated report. Suggestions and other feedback is appreciated.

P.S. Thanks to C. Killmaster for his assistance.