.22 Bolt Action

SWAMPFOX

I need some recommendations/advice on a .22 bolt action rifle. I am looking for a repeater, not a single shot. I want something decent that I can scope to use for squirrels. I plan to put some decent glass on it. I wouldn't mind if it came with a synthetic stock.

I am not looking for one of those bull barrel, super accurate (expensive) .22 tack drivers. I'd like to keep things around $150 for a new one if such a thing exists.

Thanks.

Last edited:

olchevy

Savage has a whole line of bolt repeaters however, from a quick search they seem to hover around the 250 with glass already.

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
can't go wrong with a savage mk2 from walmart. around 125.00 or so new. syn stock, floated barrel, can accept a scope.

BookHound

How much do you want to spend? I shoot a CZ 452 almost everyday. I bought it as a trainer rifle. It is extremely accurate.

Out of the box it is accurate but it does have an adjustable trigger you can tweak. I also bought the aftermarket $20 trigger kit from Eric Brooks (Google it) and found it made the trigger even better.

wwboater

Banned
I also have a CZ 452....come to think of it I may have bought it from the PSI guys. This rifle rocks. Its light and hits what ever I aim it at. Add a can and it is super quiet.

Back2class

The answer is simple. A used marlin tube or clip fed .22. All are accurate and can be found for about $100 without too much toruble. CZ's will run you $200 and up.

tv_racin_fan

I myself would love to have a CZ or three.

Alas I found a Marlin 100G single shot and stuck a Bushnell scope on it...I found a Marlin 15YN and am planning to stick the same scope on it as well.

Doyle

My personal favorite is my Model 512x Remington. The barrel is a tad long for most people but all the 51? series rifles were known for exceptional accuracy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The Marlin bolt actions are good for the price. I have one in .22 mag that's a great gun.

Gunny62

Can't go wrong with a Marlin. That was my first gun and I've still got it. It's killed man a turtle and many a squirrel. It's Awesome!!!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
+1 for the CZ 452. I have a 453. Not only is it a exquisite looking beauty of a rifle, it drives tacks all day.

But they're not as cheap as they once were.

ol96er

I had the same situation and bought the Savage Bolt Action, synthetic with 6 round clip for $117 at WM. I am really impressed with the quality of this gun and now looking for the right scope. They did not have it in the case but had one in the back. I don't think you will be disappointed in this gun...good luck.

ol96er

Sorry...meant to say 10 round clip. This is a really suprising little gun.....I think it's a great buy.

cherokee charlie

Marlin 788

I have a Marlin 788 22 clip fed walnut stock sling Good shape. Not excellent. Used not abused $150 FTF

RWP_JR

i have the Savage Mark II and i must say with or without a scope its great for varmints.:shoot: