FLW / BFL All-American

easton33

Well after a struggle with this years BFL / Choo-Choo Div. , I found myself left with one final chance to fulfill my goal and qualify for the All-American. The regional WildCard being held on Kentucky Lake. Having never fished Kentucky Lake I really didn't have any pre-conceived notions going in. After 2 days of some of the toughest fishing I've had to fish in. I emerged with a second place finish. I can't even begin to explain how unbelievably excited I am.

Thank the Lord for blessing me with the ability to even go fishing. I am truly not worthy, but eternally grateful!

Some of you here may remember a fellow who frequented this forum. His name was Tim Lewis or TLEWIS here I believe. Well Timmy was a dear friend of mine. Timmy passed away last year in a tragic boating accident while on Allatoona. We were team partners for many years and spent a lot of time fishing together. I had finally talked him into Fishing the BFL's with me and he was Stoked up about it. I said all That to say this....

I would Gladly trade all this joy and excitement to see my friend again for just 5 minutes , to tell him what his friendship meant to me.
I miss you ole Friend
JMullinax

fish hawk

Bass Master
Congrats and sorry about the loss of your friend....good ones are very hard to come by.

BrianB72

Very well said Jason!!! He was a great fisherman and even better person.
Congrads on ur 2nd place finish and making it to the All American Im proud of u buddy.
U can fish with me any day!!!

Chris S.

Congrats on reaching your goal,I've heard from others who have fished it that it is a great time/event and even set-up for the wife and kids if they happen to go with you.

Aside of your achievement it is obvious that you truly miss your friend and I sympathize with you for that,every day we take the small things for granted and don't think twice about how important it is to tell the people in our lives, family/friends just how much we appreciate and love them on the regular... I appreciate the message you are conveying as it is very important.

I am sure your friend TL knew you valued his friendship though so don't be hard on yourself.

Good Luck at the All American .

"Friendship is a living thing that lasts only as long as it is nourished with kindness, empathy and understanding" - Anon

EZ Spin

Congratulations on your win. The good news is that Tim knows your feelings and is smiling down on you. Tim was a friend of mine too. Todd, his brother and we worked together for a decade and he introduced me to Tim because we were fishing finaddicts (proper spelling).
I also lost my best friend to a long boat of cancer. Jeff Yero was the one who truly introduced me to Jesus. I would argue religion with him for to many hours on the lake and he never gave up. We fished for a long time and he taught me a lot and when I was able to fish more often I also shared my deepest secrets, both fishing and life. I will never forget him in many ways. Two of my fondest memories were in his last years. I had one the West Point BFL in 2007 and was on top of the world. He was home and had already been diagnosed with cancer but was still in pretty good shape. I had called him early to tell him I had a big bag and was too excited to watch the weigh in so that was why I called because I was waiting in the truck. When the last boater weighed in and I won I was probably feeling much like you did or are since the big deal is ahead! I called my wife and was traveling with Jeff's son's best friend and I said "Call Jeff and put him on speaker" When I told him I won he yelled so loud I thought he would blow the speaker on his phone. He sounded so happy it really made he win all that better.
The last time he was able to fish his son also went with us. A red tailed hawk circled low directly below the boat 4 full times almost like he wanted to land. I have never seen one do this.
I lost him a few months later.
Now when I see a hawk I remember to pray. I know my vest friend looks down on me and he also keeps me accountable but some times I still don't do everything right.

swin

Congrats Jason quite an achievement.I know how you feel I never fish or do anything related without thing about my old partner Mike Burell