Tired of paying Dish network so much

PappyHoel

For those of you streaming, what is your monthly internet bill?

beginnersluck

Firestick that is jailbroken so you can get tons of channels...even local news that it only a fraction of a minute delayed from real time.

Arrow3

I wound up keeping my dish after I told them to cancel it they cut my bill down to $53 from $108 a month.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
A friend of mine recently subscribed to YoutubeTV and he gets 5 additional accounts to share with others. He gave me one, and there are a lot of great sports channels for you sports fans. In fact, there are several quality channels with this service. It's $35 a month if you sign up before March 12, after that it goes up to $40 a month for new subscribers.

https://www.techhive.com/article/32...an-tv-streaming-services-learn-to-say-no.html

https://www.techhive.com/article/3220501/streaming-services/youtube-tv-review-patience-pays-off.html

https://www.techhive.com/article/3211536/streaming-services/best-tv-streaming-services.html

PappyHoel

How much is everyone paying for their internet and all the additional streaming services?

$10 here, $34 dollars there, $99 Amazon prime, $9 Hulu, firestick, slingtv, internet bill $60.

Just guessing but I bet you're in the neighborhood of basic cable subscription fees. Not to mention that you made it more complicated on yourself. Also expect your bandwidth usage fees to increase. The days of unlimited downloads/streaming are gone.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I'm waiting on one of the satellite services to get bold enough to offer a per channel custom service where you get to pick only the channels you want and pay a per channel fee for your custom bundle.

Sirius radio is going this route, surely it can happen with TV. I really don't need 52 shopping networks and 32 religious networks that I never watch.

NOYDB

BANNED
I'm waiting on one of the satellite services to get bold enough to offer a per channel custom service where you get to pick only the channels you want and pay a per channel fee for your custom bundle.

Sirius radio is going this route, surely it can happen with TV. I really don't need 52 shopping networks and 32 religious networks that I never watch.

Provide what the customer wants, when and how they want it?

What a radical concept!

Quick trademark that.

Cmp1

BANNED
It's either Dish or DTV, or nothing,,,, we're in the sticks,,,, no cable or DSL,,,, call and complain and get a deal,,,,

GoldDot40

I wound up keeping my dish after I told them to cancel it they cut my bill down to $53 from $108 a month.

What should make you mad about that is...if they can provide service NOW for $53, they could have done it the entire time. Is that a permanent rate? Or is it good for a year?

Arrow3

What should make you mad about that is...if they can provide service NOW for $53, they could have done it the entire time. Is that a permanent rate? Or is it good for a year?

Just for a year....then I'll make the same threat. I told them it was ridiculous that I had to threaten to leave them to get that kind of price.