Outdoors in Georgia magazines

dank1296

I found these old Outdoors in Georgia magazines at a yard sale. From late 70s including the final edition. Beautiful artwork on covers. Inside covers said only 29000 were printed each month. DNR issued these. Anyone have an ideal if there a collectors item or have any value. Hard to find anything on them google.

Attachments

• IMG_0593[1419].JPG
    IMG_0593[1419].JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:

DannyW

I used to subscribe to the magazine...it was cheap, maybe $5-6 a year. They stopped publication around the late 1970's and we had nothing until GON launched in 1987/88(?).

I'm sure my mother still has my collection somewhere in her basement. Don't think they are worth very much money, but will probably be a blast to read when we clean it out someday.

Good find...

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I used to subscribe to the magazine...it was cheap, maybe $5-6 a year. They stopped publication around the late 1970's and we had nothing until GON launched in 1987/88(?).

I'm sure my mother still has my collection somewhere in her basement. Don't think they are worth very much money, but will probably be a blast to read when we clean it out someday.

Good find...

What about Georgia Sportsman magazine? Also, remember when GON first came out, it was like a small newspaper instead of a magazine, like it is today. My dad has been a GON subscriber for as long as I can remember.

dank1296

I did find a bookstore in Carrollton online that had the green final edition for sale at 35.00 but it was only in fair shape with creases on cover. Probably not to many left out there.