Stopped Smoking!

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Congrats.. Stay with it. I've been off dip since the new year.. Took my last nicotine patch three weeks ago. Hope I didn't just jinx myself

georgiabound

I had been thinking about quitting for some time. One day, I overheard my mother telling my wife the 'signs' would be right for her to quit smoking the following Sunday. This was in the springtime and allergies had my sinuses acting up. That Sunday, I put them down (the cigarettes) and have continued to quit to this day. This was last Easter, so I am coming up on 1 year tobacco free. As others have said, you have to do it for yourself. I had smoked for about 50 years. I have told people that if I had known how easy is was to stop, I would have quit 30 years ago.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Chantix for me 5 years ago on the second try....................some weird medicine but it worked..............

WayneB

I tried the patch, Doc told me to quit them and go back to smoking before I kilt someone..
He's scared to prescribe Chantix after the reaction to the patch.
Still ashamed of the uncontrollable rage I felt. Took 2 full days to calm back down.
Dad died at 53 from small cell lung cancer, I'm knocking on that door now.

Grandkids 10 and 11 on the way inbound too, gives one something to think about.

Johnny 71

Junebug
To the op , and everyone who’s quit, or trying to, congrats, and best of luck

ugajay

Night one of night shift went good last night. Just chewed gum periodically when the urge hit. The hardest part for me was driving by the gas station on the way to work. I feel like I got this since I managed without it last night. Good luck everyone trying to quit

Big7

The Oracle
Be three weeks Saturday (24th) for me.

Freel better already and remembering how good
I felt when I quit 6 years last time.
Looking forward to feeling that good again.

I still want one when I get really stressed.
Worst is over now I hope!