Can you shoot one-handed?

GunnSmokeer

Can you shoot a pistol one-handed better than an 84 year old woman from a poor village in India? A woman who never held a gun until she was in her 60s?

This old lady can still hold a 2.5" group at 10 meters (33 ft.) with her .177 pellet pistol. That's a 10-shot group by the way, not just 3 or the best 3 out of 5!

Videos must be embedded.

Can you do at least that good with your most accurate handgun?

I don't know if I can. I think I'll try it with a Browning Buck Mark .22 on my next trip to the range.

Last edited by a moderator:

turkeykirk

You would learn to shoot that good if you had to shoot at cobras all day! :bounce:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Might come close with a pellet pistol. I am not a very good at shooting bullets in pistols, especially the heavier ones, with one or two hands.

lbzdually

Banned
Can you shoot a pistol one-handed better than an 84 year old woman from a poor village in India? A woman who never held a gun until she was in her 60s?

This old lady can still hold a 2.5" group at 10 meters (33 ft.) with her .177 pellet pistol. That's a 10-shot group by the way, not just 3 or the best 3 out of 5!

Videos must be embedded.

Can you do at least that good with your most accurate handgun?

I don't know if I can. I think I'll try it with a Browning Buck Mark .22 on my next trip to the range.

I usually shoot one handed, kind of, anyways. I shoot with my right hand and use my left to lock my wrist in place and don't actually touch the gun. True one hand shooting, I hit a 75 lb hog in the head at night at 50 yards with a .44 S&W with iron sights and a Makita flashlight in the other. That was many years ago and since then I have had to deal with nerve damage in my shoulder and I can't hold a pistol out for long shooting at targets.