Going to seminole for bass on 23-26 .

leftystar

Did anyone go this weekend? Hows the bite ? Wheres the bite? What they biting? Staying at big jims. Will be a family tournament we have once a year. This will be my 4th time going to Seminole learn a little each time. But much more familiar with eufaula.

noah3d

I was there Sunday. From what I saw and heard the cold front made fishing really tough. In a tournament my buddy fished in, five pounds put you in the top half. A couple hours before sunset I found a couple around seven feet deep in some timber that had some shorter hydrilla mixed in.

I was there last monday, drove six hours down on sunday, fished for an hour Monday morning, and turned around and headed home. After a string of 80 degree days, that 40 degree front and cold rain shut everything down. We talked to a guide down there that basically told us we could grind it out for a few fish, but he would suggest going home and rebooking our reservation.

That said, with this upcoming string of warm days, the fishing may be getting good again after the cold front that plagued us.

jeremyledford

Indian mounds:
30.741026, -84.877736

If you don't have a GPS, copy and paste it into google maps. Can't help with the fishin, but Good luck down there!

leftystar

I read some more but I think I know where they are. Go by them when headed toward the dam up to 3 rivers. But I got a small gps. Appreciate it guys.

jeremyledford

I read some more but I think I know where they are. Go by them when headed toward the dam up to 3 rivers. But I got a small gps. Appreciate it guys.

They're on the north side near the island where the hooch and flint meet. Just across the channel from Florida. There's a ring of telephone poles(about 5-7) sitting in waist deep water. If you're in the channel of the hooch you can easily see them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They're on the north side near the island where the hooch and flint meet. Just across the channel from Florida. There's a ring of telephone poles(about 5-7) sitting in waist deep water. If you're in the channel of the hooch you can easily see them.

Yep, that`s it. It was a huge temple mound during the Mississippian Time Period. During the summer I generally take a bath on it a couple of times a week. Water depths on top of it vary from 2 to 4 feet deep. Watch for that 14 foot gator that hangs around the area. He`ll make you get back in the boat right quick. Nobody with a tag has gotten that rascal yet.

leftystar

I didnt get to fish the mounds last year my motor broke. But we went this past thurs,fri,sat and was able to fish the mounds and actually was able to catch 2 off of them. I went by them a few times and never seen anybody fishing them.

brunofishing

I had a very good time fishing down there this past few days! They are about 75% done bedding, I fished for post spawn and caught well over 50, one of the most fun times I ever had !

gdhall

what were you throwing to catch 50 bass in one day?!:clap: