$1000+ clubs

I pay 750 for 13000 acres in south Ga .Camper hookups water and power 130-140 class deer ! Club stands and dog hunting ,Hogs , a few bear , few woodies in the canals, Turkeys ,quail ,bobcats and yotes !! I belive its 52 memebers and hardly ever see them ! Opening day you might have 25 ppl! And after deer season you might see 10 ppl all spring and summer!! I think im lucky!

Rem 742

I am willing to pay $1000.00 or so for a good club. It means alot to me and I'm very lucky to be able to afford it. Anything less than $1000.00 is, from what I can tell, a mighty sweet deal.

simpleman30

our club is 14,000 acres at $5.25 an acre. Total lease is over $70,000, which is a membership of over $1500 a per person.

kemster99

i tried hunting in clubs, and didn't like all the Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- that went on. Found me 350 acres near Albany for $1400.00 / year. But can only deer hunt. landowner will not allow any turkey hunting. But, i have it all to myself and can do what i want.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I am glad that some of you all can enjoy that kind of club.And I mean that for real! I just never could. I have never been able to afford it. I could swing the big family vacation trip very other year or so but never $1000 for a hunt club. I hunt public land pretty much exclusively. At least I have that for now. I own a nice truck and a fifth wheel camper,but I make monthly payments for them and never would have had that luxury when my kids were home. Congrats to all you that can hunt those clubs. Just remember,not everyone that wants too, can.

trubluau

I allow $6,000 a year for deer hunting. Now this includes my one week out of state hunt and my local land that I lease plus seed. I don't consider this too much. Now if I could find 200 acres for $300 I would have another place to hunt b/c I would jump on it. Consider yourself lucky unless you don't kill big bucks annually. If that is the case then I am the lucky one.:cool:

swamp hunter

Lafayette hunt club doesn't exist anymore. They split it into 3-4 smaller clubs, only one of which is still a dog hunt club though. He's talking about Sandhill or Three Rivers, probably Sandhill. It's the 100,000 acres across 19 from the old Lafayette club that runs from Tennille to Perry.
Sand Hill. 9 thousand Acres of Still hunt at my back fence:D ,+ 81,000 dog hunt acres just in case I want to hear Ole blue Light up:yeah:

simpleman30

i tried hunting in clubs, and didn't like all the Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- that went on. Found me 350 acres near Albany for $1400.00 / year. But can only deer hunt. landowner will not allow any turkey hunting. But, i have it all to myself and can do what i want.

there is a lot of bull that goes on in some clubs. that's we left our old club that i hunted at for 2 years and my brother hunted at for 7 years. we were fortunate to get in this new club which has been around for over 100 years b/c they have bylaws and officers that aren't scared to enforce the rules. sometimes it takes a few year, but good clubs are out there, whether you dog-hunt, still-hunt, turkey hunt, or coon hunt.

grouper throat

Sand Hill. 9 thousand Acres of Still hunt at my back fence:D ,+ 81,000 dog hunt acres just in case I want to hear Ole blue Light up:yeah:

It's a good dog club, I was in it 2 years ago and might get in it again once they bring back the forked horn rule (hopefully). The number of bucks (especially bigger bucks) are nowhere near as high as they use to be 3-4 years ago though. Our crew killed 24 bucks that year and probably jumped 3 times that number when I was in there and they didn't hardly jump 20 bucks total this past year.

$1500 year, SE GA, 4 members on 1500 acres, cabin with home amenities (water power, tv, Heat and Air) that sleeps about 12, 6 ponds, approx 45 acres in food plots, tractor and implements, 2 atv's. and about 25 permanent stands. Most dont get hunted in a season's time.

Wouldnt trade the privacy amd lack of drama for anything.

golffreak

Heck, I'm shocked when I see one that's not at least $1000 to $1200.