#1 county

chrisw1073

According to GON records, Macon County is #1 for big bucks. They have an issue every year that ranks the counties, and Macon has been at the top for several years.

Jeff Phillips

Morgan County

There are a lot of big deer killed in Morgan every year that never get any publicity.

NDLucas

Macon and other Flint counties are good, no doubt. MANY huge bucks are taken every year in Harris that are never brought to public attention for this reason: Those land owners don't want the limelight and attention.

Macon and other Flint counties are good, no doubt. MANY huge bucks are taken every year in Harris that are never brought to public attention for this reason: Those land owners don't want the limelight and attention.

Ditto, The Flint River counties are producing huge bucks year after year!

wildbill05

i know from first hand experience this is true....harris cnty is where it's at

Crooked Stick

Monroe has had a few over the years. I know of several big ones that the land owners want to keep quiet.

burkehunter

I have seen some giants in Burke personally and some good ones are taken from it every year, so thats my vote. My moms family is from Elbert county and I hear about good bucks from there and my dad has had some awesome stories come out of that county.

rex upshaw

not sure of the best, but a couple that are constantly producing big deer are- macon, dooly, harris, worth, lee, meriwether, fulton, morgan, as well as a few others. there are quite a few counties that consistantly produce big deer.

midwayman20

From Macon County

Yeah the Flint lined counties definitely produce big bucks...Macon County where I was born and raised and hunt produce some huge bucks each year...some of the records I have seen are insane and the ones that don't get turned in I am sure are huge...I have heard about them thru people who know these poachers...if only there were only honest hunters...I know of some bruisers on my place...saw a 22 plus inch 12 pt a year or two ago and I know some poachers have already got him hanging on their wall or in their barn...

BornToHuntAndFish

Ditto, tough to beat counties along the Flint River trophy buck corridor the last 30 to 40 years, especially in middle & south Georgia.