Ft. Stewart kill

Had some luck at Stewart. Happy to get one, don't have much hunting skill so I just find a spot with sign and sit still till I see something. Was well pleased with the rifle. Shooting a Ruger M77/357. Used Buffalo Bore 180g hard cast and was impressed with the results. Shot dead on and passed thru most of the hog before exiting. He made a 100 yard dash then dropped dead. Good luck out there to all.

Attachments

• 9915.jpg
    9915.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 875
Thanks. Folks don't know what they are missing with the M77 in pistol calibers. They make a 44mag version too. It handles like a 10/22. Great gun for the way I hunt and it's fun to shoot at the range. Never took my 270 out to plink like I do the 357. It has a forever home with me.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nice healthy looking hog , congrats, they can be tough to find late season !

Riplukelee

Im looking to start hunting Ft Stewart with my Dad and brothers. Glad to see this post. I barely have any hunting experience or skill.

Time and patience. If you wait long enough in a good area, you will see some. Good luck, and pm me when you guys come if I can help.

Plus one

Got his sister last night. Saw pigs crossing over a ridge in the swamp out ahead of me. They were traveling my direction and I hoped to cut them off as they crossed the fire brake. The first two crossed in a black flash. I leveled off down the trail and pulled the trigger the second the tip of her nose came out of the palmettos. Was shocked when she pilled up!

Attachments

• 10789.jpg
    10789.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:

georgia_home

nice work bobby!

Hillbilly stalker

Good job ! If you tracked that first one 100 yards in the thick stuff,,you got some skill. Hogs are a great way to learn woodsman ship . Keep on keeping on, enjoyed the pictures and story.

jbogg

Congrats on a couple of nice hogs! I am like you in that I like to find a spot with red hot sign and then sit tight and deer hunt them. It’s a great time of year to be out there.

Shoulder is smoking

Went back to the same area today. Going to cook a "Ft Stewart" bruswick stew!

Attachments

• 10808.jpg
    10808.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 448
ohhh right handed rifle and left handed .22 :p

I wish ever gun I wanted was available in left hand. The Ruger M77 carbine hasn't been made in LH. Not much of a problem, but I would prefer to have all my rifles fit. The savage was the first left hand bolt I have purchased. Didn't know what I was missing.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Them are the best lookin ft Stewart hog photos I’ve seen!

VERY NICE!

CONGRATS and thanks for sharing :clap: