Tbg southern zone hunt

chrisharper

This hunt was a blast! Seems like everyone got on pigs and had a good time. I finally met some folks that I have talked to either on here or on the phone, so that was awesome.

0Fz2lE7.jpg

yp8O3HE.jpg

There were plenty of close encounters and a couple shots fired! I got on pigs every time I went out. Sometimes it took a good bit of walking, but they were in there. It was hard hunting with everything being so dry. Getting close was a real challenge. I snuck up on a few deer that I was able to get on video, with the matriarch doe coming within 18 yards before blowing and flagging out. Another time I thought I was on pigs, but it ended up being an armadillo. I did what any sensible person would have done that wasted 20 minutes trying to get on top of pigs would have done and finished the stalk and touched it to scare the mess out of it. Got that one on video too. :D Saturday morning it seemed like I was in pigs the entire time I was in the woods. Flung an arrow into one and tracked blood for over an hour, but alas, the shot wasn't deadly. Pretty sure I hit it smack dead in the shoulder. There were pigs moving all over the place while I was tracking but the area was so thick, I couldn't even consider shooting.

2QVDMMR.jpg

I'm thankful for all the hospitality that was shown around camp and all the stories that were exchanged. I really look forward to seeing everyone again.

Last edited:

Al33

I haven't finished unpacking for this trip that I didn't make.:p Hate I missed it but it worked out for the best, have been sick with bronchitis. Thanks for all the reports, I sure enjoyed reading about it!! Maybe next year if my 70 year old body is able. :D

I finely got logged in. I really enjoyed this hunt and saw some old friends and meet some new saw some hogs and put a stalk on them but no shot opportunity thanks Dendy for setting up this hunt it was great Jim little