Need a tow

creteus

Moter is dead, cell phone dead. Wife typing on computer hoping someone could help. Broke down. If someone is on Lake Oconee, coordinates are N33 28-099 W083 17.418.

Need a tow please.

Matt Arden

chad smith

I sent a message to BB! Creates if no one has came to your aid in an hr or 2 let me know and I'll borrow a boat and come get you!!!!!! My boat is out of commission at this moment!
Let me make a call or 2

bayoubetty

Thanks for the message Chad. I guess they are good now. If not, ya'll, I got the number of someone to help you out.

Nuttin Better

I can go get him. Im in Covington will take me an hour or so to get the boat hooked up and get down there. I need to know what part of the lake he is on. I have trouble getting under low bridges.

creteus

Hey guys thanks for the reply's. I texted my wife and she sent the message. What a day my cell phone died, I spent an hour chasing down 10 jugs in the water with the paddle. Started paddling for the marina and the paddle broke in half. Then the wind started blowing me back out away from the marina. Got to the bank and heres what really ticked me off. A Glitter boat pulled up 60 feet from me and I thought he was going to help. Then I heard the splash of a lure 20 feet from my boat. Nice:mad:. He dropped his trolling motor and headed down the bank without so much as a word. I figured the motor out of the water and the cowl off was a give away as to my condition. Either way a fellow catfisherman saw me and came to help.
I forgot to open the vent on the gas tank and when it quit running I noticed the bulb was completely flat. Opened the vent got fuel back to the engine and it would only fire on one cylinder. I guess it pulled trash in the carb and stopped it up

DrewDennis

Who needs sea-tow when we have GON! Maybe we should put a voluntary list of those closest to the lakes who are willing to help out a fellow GON brother (or sister!)? I would be willing to go on the list to help for Balus creek area of Lanier as its about 30 minutes from me.

Creteus, glad you got some help! Kudo's to the one who helped you out. Positive karma is always a good thing....

Lawnmowerman

"Help needed" list,,,,

Who needs sea-tow when we have GON! Maybe we should put a voluntary list of those closest to the lakes who are willing to help out a fellow GON brother (or sister!)? I would be willing to go on the list to help for Balus creek area of Lanier as its about 30 minutes from me.

Yall know, this could/should be a great thing!!

You know how GON has the dogs for tracking deer?

I say we do this!

I could help anyone out on Lucas, Juliette, High-Falls, without much notice,, I'm close to any of these,,
478-607-1334

Last edited:

Zebco 33

Pretty Cool to see members of the forum jump up to help a member in need. Glad you got picked up Creteus.

shoot2grill

I can be on any part of jackson in 20 min. As long as im not at work,always willing to help.

Ahab

This is a really cool idea. Sticky for the mods.

medic1

I'm going to Lake Blackshear next weekend. Who can I call on there for help if needed?

The Foreigner

This needs to be a sticky - come on MODS.

I'm available on Allatoona. Work from home so should be there most times.

nickf11

Banned
Hey guys thanks for the reply's. I texted my wife and she sent the message. What a day my cell phone died, I spent an hour chasing down 10 jugs in the water with the paddle. Started paddling for the marina and the paddle broke in half. Then the wind started blowing me back out away from the marina. Got to the bank and heres what really ticked me off. A Glitter boat pulled up 60 feet from me and I thought he was going to help. Then I heard the splash of a lure 20 feet from my boat. Nice:mad:. He dropped his trolling motor and headed down the bank without so much as a word. I figured the motor out of the water and the cowl off was a give away as to my condition. Either way a fellow catfisherman saw me and came to help.
I forgot to open the vent on the gas tank and when it quit running I noticed the bulb was completely flat. Opened the vent got fuel back to the engine and it would only fire on one cylinder. I guess it pulled trash in the carb and stopped it up

Just out of curiosity, are you the guy in the pontoon boat who always drops all the pink noodle jugs out by the dam?