Good fishing holes near carrollton?

pop pop jones

I've seen 4 largemouth over 8lbs come from Sharps Creek. I have pulled many many crappie in the 1.5-2 pound range. Last time I went grass was so heavy couldn't even feel the bites. I hope the people that hord our county watershead to themselfs keep up the good work and can't use it this summer. If I hear the county is going to help clean the grass, you can bet I squeel.

LAKOTA

I've never tried Southwire lake but it could be worth a shot.
About 15 years ago I fished it several times with a friend that was employed there. There were plenty of bass - some good ones too. At that time only employees could launch a boat. From what I understand the lake is now off limits and has been for several years, even for employees.

I WISH I had a contact on Sharps creek. I have personally seen some very big Bass AND Crappie come from that lake. And I mean BIG CRAPPIE.

I've seen 4 largemouth over 8lbs come from Sharps Creek. I have pulled many many crappie in the 1.5-2 pound range. Last time I went grass was so heavy couldn't even feel the bites. I hope the people that hord our county watershead to themselfs keep up the good work and can't use it this summer. If I hear the county is going to help clean the grass, you can bet I squeel.

It is a City of Carrollton reservoir. And yes, they pay a large sum for each chemical treatment to suppress the grass and for the sterile grass carp. Why so bitter? There are plenty of houses for sale in the neighborhood.....

bigtall

Lake Seaton and Sharps Creek Reservoir are two different lakes. Seaton is off of Hwy 5 north of Whitesburg. Sharps Creek reservoir is off of 113 between I20 and Carrollton. Buckhorn is also up there, east of 113.

Please tell, no problem with pa lakes, love to catch & release, who would'nr mind paying a few buck for that. I do it in pike county @ a VERY private lake

thanks
Steve