Do Nothing Worm?

LTZ25

Is the Do Nothing Worm still made?
What about the Mann's Jelly Worm?

20+ years ago I fished many times with a guide Joe Genrie? and we caught a bunch of West Point bass with it on the C-rig . It had two small hooks and a leader .

tbrown913

i havent seen a do nothing worm in years. closest thing to it is the creme rigged worm that looks like a night crawler. you can take the crawler off and put part of your own worm on and make something similar to the do nothing.

Whiteeagle

Jack Chancellor in Phenix City, AL got me started fishing the "Do Nothing" way back in the late 60's. Uses a Flippin stick to cast the 1 oz bullet weight with a 6 ft leader! Reel slowly and the little 4 " worm would go CRAZY!!! put bricks and rocks in the pool and was fascinated at the action!!! Still own a couple hundred in a MIRAGE of "color-selector" compatable colors! Fishing from shallow to deep, bass didn't jump as much. 8" Mann's jelly worm in ELECTRIC Blue was my GO-TO in clear water in brush or weeds. The MASTER, Tom Mann, Sr. taught me the "jelly worm art"! Sure miss him, and NO trip to Eufaula is the same!
Never got many hang-ups from either, used a "weedless" rig on jelly and fished do nothings on rocky, gravel points! Time to dig some out and teach some of the "KIDS" some OLD TRICKS!!! LOL

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I saw a 13#12oz W.P. bucket mouth caught on a do nothing worm, back in the day.

little rascal

Do Nothing was

the shizzle til' the Zoom finesse worm and the centipede showed up! I sure did catch some big bass on the jelly worms back in the day too! Still have some too!

fish hawk

Bass Master
Jack Chancellor in Phenix City, AL got me started fishing the "Do Nothing" way back in the late 60's. Uses a Flippin stick to cast the 1 oz bullet weight with a 6 ft leader! Reel slowly and the little 4 " worm would go CRAZY!!! put bricks and rocks in the pool and was fascinated at the action!!! Still own a couple hundred in a MIRAGE of "color-selector" compatable colors! Fishing from shallow to deep, bass didn't jump as much. 8" Mann's jelly worm in ELECTRIC Blue was my GO-TO in clear water in brush or weeds. The MASTER, Tom Mann, Sr. taught me the "jelly worm art"! Sure miss him, and NO trip to Eufaula is the same!
Never got many hang-ups from either, used a "weedless" rig on jelly and fished do nothings on rocky, gravel points! Time to dig some out and teach some of the "KIDS" some OLD TRICKS!!! LOL
Randall marine in Phenix City still sells do nothing worms.Jacks grandson was selling the original worms on ebay.Not sure if he still does.
http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=8053794&postcount=35