STEVENS 940 12 ga. single shot

jmbarry

I have this shotgun and need some internal parts. Does anyone know of a dealer that may have these parts for an older model shotguns.

Got me curious, so I looked in my "Gun Trader's Guide". The 940 was the same as the 94 except it had a side opening lever instead of a top opening lever. It was make 1961-1970. I learned something.

fishtail

Look closely at the schematics (on gunparts site) of the 94 and 940 and compare them to your part, also cross reference the parts numbers.
You will note, that firearm will have various names of manufacturers. Stevens/Savage/Fox/Springfield, etc, then the list goes on and on into store brands.
Some parts do cross over to the different models and even gauge of the firearm, while some are more specific to a defined model.
I've got a 940A in 20ga. As much as I tried to keep the forearm in place, I just gave up and cut a bicycle tube and slid over the barrel and forearm.

jmbarry

Look closely at the schematics (on gunparts site) of the 94 and 940 and compare them to your part, also cross reference the parts numbers.
You will note, that firearm will have various names of manufacturers. Stevens/Savage/Fox/Springfield, etc, then the list goes on and on into store brands.
Some parts do cross over to the different models and even gauge of the firearm, while some are more specific to a defined model.
I've got a 940A in 20ga. As much as I tried to keep the forearm in place, I just gave up and cut a bicycle tube and slid over the barrel and forearm.

My 940 has Savage Arms Corp. on the weapon