For the guitar people, antique store find

creekrunner

Picked this up at a local antique store for 125 bucks, figured it was worth that if nothing but a wall hangar. Binding all over, including the f-holes. 2 tuning keys were stripped and the tailpiece was broken, but the neck looked ok, feels like a baseball bat, but looked ok and had been reattached at some point you can tell.
found Grover deluxe tuning keys that are identical to the originals and an exact Kluson tailpiece from Stewart-McDonald. Polished up and new medium strings and she sounds pretty dang good.
Best I can tell, it's a 1948 Sears Silvertone Aristocrat, Sears "Best" in the 1948 catalog. 56.00 new, maple arch
Trying to find a case, but it's wide and deep.
Whoever had her, played a lot, lots of wear, but obviously not in a real long time

Attachments

• IMG_213.jpg
    IMG_213.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_5.jpg
    IMG_5.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_214.jpg
    IMG_214.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_215.jpg
    IMG_215.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 891
  • IMG_216.jpg
    IMG_216.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 890

Redbow

Great looking old Silvertone, glad you found it . I have seen a few Silvertone's on Craigslist around our area but most looked like junk..I wouldn't mind finding one that nice for $125, have fun with it..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice find, and a good job restoring it! That one would look at home in Jimmie Rodgers' hands.