Yeti Knock-offs?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Anyone tried any of the yeti knock-offs, like the ones from Walmart?

geordie

coolers

For my $ and experience the Coleman Extreme coolers are a great buy not bear proof but keeps cold a long time. The lid has a positive seal and if you are not in and out of it all day keeps ice for 3 or so days in 70+ degree weather. My two cents.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The Wally world insulated mugs and travel cups are just as good as the Yeti with the possible exception of the seal ring around the lids.

Dr. Strangelove

I don't know if you are asking about the coolers or the cups, but the Ozark Trail™ cups are every bit as good as the Yeti™. We have both here at the house and I can't tell any difference in performance.

transfixer

There are so many of those style coolers on the market now,, I don't know why anyone would pay the price of a Yeti, unless its about the prestige? I've come close to buying the largest roto molded cooler that Academy sports sells, its only about $200, which I believe is less than half what a Yeti goes for, and its made virtually the same way. Truth be known all of them are probably made in China anyway.

T-N-T

Ice retention can't be different enough to note in any way.

But the rotomolded coolers are more durable in almost every way. That's why I like higher end coolers over $35 coolers.

Patriot44

Banned
I was just given a Ozark Trail 36can soft cooler this afternoon as a gift. Will let you know tomorrow.

Having said that, I was given a OT hot/cold mug last year as a gift and my wife swears by it. My wife can take a cup of coke and spend all day at a BB tourney and it will still have ice in it, in July.

3ringer

The ozark Trail cups work great. Also comes with a very nice Walmart decal that you can place in your window like a Yeti lol. My wife bought me a cheap igloo ice chest for our Florida vacation. I swear , a cardboard box would have held ice longer. We will probably purchase a Yeti knockoff from Sams Club.

Big7

The Oracle
This is how it works!

Their tops are interchangeable..................says a lot..........

Came from the same Chinese plant.

Happens all the time.

I know this as fact because I've been in manufacturing
over 35 years.

Here's the drill:

Send CAD file for your product to china for
a cheap production tool.

1) Either bring it here and run it so you can
put the "Made in USA" sticker on it.

2) Or, let them run it and send finished product
back here with the "Made in China" sticker on it.

ONE THING FOR SURE IN EITHER CASE:

They will make the EXACT SAME TOOLING
from your designs and build it at the same time
(free) because you already paid for it when you
bought yours.

THEN..........

Because there's virtually no EPA type crap and
other gooberment "red tape" over there........

They will very often have YOUR product with their
name on it on the shelves here............

BEFORE YOU EVEN GET IT TO MARKET! facepalm:

Wonder where all the jobs went. :huh:

sghoghunter

There are so many of those style coolers on the market now,, I don't know why anyone would pay the price of a Yeti, unless its about the prestige? I've come close to buying the largest roto molded cooler that Academy sports sells, its only about $200, which I believe is less than half what a Yeti goes for, and its made virtually the same way. Truth be known all of them are probably made in China anyway.

I got their 50qt and I love it

aabradley82

I've got 2 OT that work great. I also have a Bruin, but I don't consider it cheap, or a knockoff. I don't think Yeti was the first, only the best advertiser

Patriot44

Banned
So this morning, my new OT soft 36er not only kept 12 BL's and a 6er of ML COLD (so cold that any water froze on the lip), but it is all ICE this morning and very, very little water.

I say, two thumbs up!

WayneB

Pelican coolers are great, far superior to Yeti not exactly a knock off.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
So this morning, my new OT soft 36er not only kept 12 BL's and a 6er of ML COLD (so cold that any water froze on the lip), but it is all ICE this morning and very, very little water.

I say, two thumbs up!

Can't beat them for a cooler in the $40-$50 range. :fine:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have the OT 50-quart, and it performs exactly like my buddy's Yeti, for a quarter of the price.

Patriot44

Banned
Can't beat them for a cooler in the $40-$50 range. :fine:

At five today, I opened the cooler up, and although there was no beer in it, it was about 65/35 ice to water. That is more than 24 hrs with 3/4 bag of ice and more than 18open and closings last night, maybe more, I can't remember that good. :bounce:

Ozark Trail proves it has count.