Laurens county panther

Anyone have any news of a panther being run over on I-16. A guy says he saw it on the inside emergency lane. Had someone else send me a picture. Can't find any info on it.

Attachments

• 17954.jpg
    17954.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,373

Possum

Banned
Strange why the person could not have got a better picture of it.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Could be a big otter

Dog Hunter

WHen they put the big ole dips in 16? I haven't been that way lately, but they weren't there last time I did

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looks like a panther to me ... I’m sure if it is we will hear more soon

pine nut

I saw one within a mile northbound on I 95 of the Highway 204 crossing. Wasn't sure where it was when I saw it and did not take time to get a pic. Tried next day but it was gone. I had notified the warm body at the regional office of DNR, but was told they did not pick up dead animals on the highway. I explained it was likely a Florida Panther , and a rare occurrence and that someone would want to get their hands on the carcass.. It was like talking to a signpost. Picture a deer in the headlights!

Lilly001

My property is south of 16 on the Oconee. I've not heard of panthers in the area. An occasional bear. But no panthers.
(I did see a real big bobcat last year.)

Spoke with emanuel county ranger. He said he contacted laurens ranger and he said it was a big dog and county road department picked it up. Unless this is just a cover-up.

WHen they put the big ole dips in 16? I haven't been that way lately, but they weren't there last time I did
Doghunter, if you're talking about the rumble strips on the side, they did that when they replaced the concrete between mm71 and mm24. I guess it's been about 2 years since they finished it

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Spoke with emanuel county ranger. He said he contacted laurens ranger and he said it was a big dog and county road department picked it up. Unless this is just a cover-up.

This is correct, we looked into it an it turned out to be a dog. No reason to hide it, it's not impossible that Florida panthers can make their way up to Georgia.

Jester896

Senior Clown
around 20 years ago I saw one cross the west bound lane of I10 somewhere in Washington County I think. Makes sense they could be farther North by now.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Yep the dude shot and killed a real life Florida panther. He also had real life (no doubt about it) trailcam photos of it too.