Temperature of Dead hog

New to hog hunting. Going hog hunting this weekend. It is going to be cold, 46/28 degrees. Should I worry about being in a hurry to get the hog to a processor or can I hunt all day if I keep the hog in the shade? :huh:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’d just gut it and keep on hunting, good luck !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
With a simple carpet knife and a blade of you’re choice, you can remove the shoulders, hams and blackstraps without ever gutting it.......put it in a HD garbage bag and keep on hunting!

frankwright

That is what I do a majority of the time. I am usually hunting alone and a lot of the time I could not get a 100+ lb hog drug out of the woods and back to camp by myself.
The RaptoRazor Website has some good how to videos. Of course you don'
t have to use the raptorazor. I use a hook roofing blade in a utility knife.

Hillbilly stalker

Anyone ever do the gutless method without skinning

I do. I have rods in my back and can only bend over so far for so long. I cut the front legs off and place them in a garbage bag one at a time. I flip him over and remove the back straps and put them in a separate bag. I roll him on his back and remove the rear hams and put them in separate bags. I put all the bags in a canvas ruck and tote them to the truck. Its a lot easier for me to do the skinning on the tailgate, the bags keep hair off of the cut meat.

Latest posts