Rocky boots

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
One of the soles on my high-dollar Gore-Tex Rocky Boots was halfway off by the third year. I tried the hot glue repair method but didn't get everything tucked in just right and they were too lumpy to wear after that. Ditched them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
For hunting I`m wearing Chippewa all leather snakeboots in warm weather and LL Bean boots in cold weather. Never had a single problem out of either brand.

specialk

For hunting I`m wearing Chippewa all leather snakeboots in warm weather and LL Bean boots in cold weather. Never had a single problem out of either brand.

ll bean here too nic.....good boots.....

Bigmonk96

After reading this post,I ordered me a pair of the LL Bean,non-insulated -- after much,much,much reading !!!!! I ordered 1 size smaller than my regular shoes / sneakers ( sure hoping they fit^^) which was recommended by almost all the feedback,I read__ thanks, Monk

Attachments

• LLBEAN BOOTS (2).jpg
    LLBEAN BOOTS (2).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 266

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
After reading this post,I ordered me a pair of the LL Bean,non-insulated -- after much,much,much reading !!!!! I ordered 1 size smaller than my regular shoes / sneakers ( sure hoping they fit^^) which was recommended by almost all the feedback,I read__ thanks, Monk

Those are about like the ones I have, except mine are the 100th year anniversary boot. Mine are 12 inches high and also uninsulated too. With poly liners and Merino wool socks, my feet stay warm and dry.

Attachments

• quiet time (1).jpg
    quiet time (1).jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 179

Bigmonk96

Nic, that's good to hear -- did you get a size smaller than your normal shoe size ?? ( that was my major concern* )

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, that's good to hear -- did you get a size smaller than your normal shoe size ?? ( that was my major concern* )

I did, and they worked out fine. If they don`t you can send them back for another size. LL Bean has really good customer service.

ninjaneer

I had a pair of Rocky gore-tex a few years ago that the soles just deteriorated sitting in my house. Very little actual wear on them as my schedule didn't allow. Replaced with Bargain Cave Danners from Cabelas and they are seeing a lot of use and holding up great.

jlwpapa

Re: Rocky Boots RKS0369 Waterproof Broadhead EX Mns 10.5W Realtree Edge
Does anyone know if these run true to size? I normally wear a 10W boot but I have a pair of 10.5W Rocky Cornhusker RKS0465 Boots that I need to wear really thick socks or even doubling up, so any suggestions with the Rocky RKS0369's? Thanks for your help.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Re: Rocky Boots RKS0369 Waterproof Broadhead EX Mns 10.5W Realtree Edge
Does anyone know if these run true to size? I normally wear a 10W boot but I have a pair of 10.5W Rocky Cornhusker RKS0465 Boots that I need to wear really thick socks or even doubling up, so any suggestions with the Rocky RKS0369's? Thanks for your help.
Yeah, I'd re-read this thread and buy something other than rocky boots.

jlwpapa

Yes I understand, but these Rocky Cornhuskers have been perfect, no problems whatsoever, so maybe I got a pair that was made during the week and not on a Monday or Friday (LOL)!

GeorgiaGlockMan

Yes I understand, but these Rocky Cornhuskers have been perfect, no problems whatsoever, so maybe I got a pair that was made during the week and not on a Monday or Friday (LOL)!
Ok. I have wide feet. 13w. The rockys fit my flippers pretty well. They came in a wide size. I obviously like that part. I thought they could been a little wider but the 13 part was dead-on.

I thought mine were pretty cool too. I didn't understand what the "deal" was until my sole completely detached underfoot.

I had to walk sock footed through the wet, cold woods.

When I got back to the truck, the sole on the other boot completely came off too when I was pulling it from my foot. Straight into the trash, all of it including the ruined sock(s).

I hope your story ends differently. I told my self if that would have happened the fall before that when I was at 10,000 elevation elk hunting it could have been horrible getting back to camp.

Robust Redhorse

Wow.

A 6-year old post get's revived.

I owned one pair of Rocky boots.

They were very comfortable, but the soles came unglued from the uppers within 12 months.

They were also supposed to be waterproof, but water soaked though them the first time I wore them when I was out in the rain all day long.

I probably won't buy anymore unless I find a pair of lightweight hiking boots for $19.95, that I will, basically, use as sneakers.

I wear American-made Danner's almost everyday now. They are expensive, but I'm keeping Americans employed, and for 3 years now, I haven't had to suffer through a day with wet socks.

frankwright

I bought a pair of Rocky waterproof boots many years ago.
They were very comfortable and the very first time I wore them I shot a deer that ran across a 20 yard wide ,ankle deep creek. I waded across with some trepidation but my feet stayed totally dry.
They kept my feet dry and warm for several years and were still in very good shape.
One day after a scouting trip I stopped at a restaurant for some lunch before heading home. As I walked back to the truck, my feet started feeling funny like walking over something. My soles were shredding rubber in big chunks, I drove home in my socks.
I understand they got much worse after that.
I have been wearing Irish Setter Vaprtrek waterproof boots for the last 4 seasons and they are still going strong.
Built like a running shoe, lightweight and comfortable. I have stepped in water crossing a creek or in wet tall grass and stayed dry.
I wear them until it gets into the 30's and switch to my Mucks.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Do u have a pic of your boots.