National signing day

lbzdually

Banned
Umm. Not a HUGE talent advantage.

If you go by recruiting services, then yes. Bama had been #1 for seven straight years. They started 5 stars at almost every offensive position and the entire defensive line, not to mention Fitzpatrick at CB and Brown at DB. Bama had 18 5 stars on roster while UGA had 11. With the best coach in football, Alabama should beat teams 99 out of 100 with equal or less talent.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I get tickled with Other fan bases trying to justify their recruiting, when the Dawgs and CKS has completely waxed every team in Nation this year, it ain't even close to being close. UT trying to prop up their class, is comical. Get used to it. We ain't going away. Read em and weep.

brownceluse

It

Doesn't matter to me if you buy it or not. I scrutinize every Bama team from top to bottom and this team, though good, isn't even close to being Saban's best. I, of course, am just stating my opinion.

How do you know something to be a fact, Nick call you up and fill you in?

This is the first time Bama has lost both coordinators plus other coaches. Anyone that pays any attention at all would know that recruits change their minds when the person/coach recruiting them leaves.

Yes I do know. I have been very close to a couple recruits getting recruited by both schools. My sons trainer, trains about 2 or 3 D1 recruits every year. Although my son isn't one of them... I could tell you a lot of stories.

I'm not going to argue about coaches look at the Saban coaching tree. Saban recruits Bama. Google Jake Fromms story about Bama and Saban recruiting him. It's all about Saban on visits not the position coach. The coaching turnover at Bama is crazy but we all know why. But quit trying to make excuses for this class. Saban got out recruited by one of his former students. The state of Ga is not a buffet of recruits for Saban or other coaches anymore. It's Kirbys.:fine:

brownceluse

I get tickled with Other fan bases trying to justify their recruiting, when the Dawgs and CKS has completely waxed every team in Nation this year, it ain't even close to being close. UT trying to prop up their class, is comical. Get used to it. We ain't going away. Read em and weep.

Well said Charlie.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

They haven't "waxed" EVERY team. Take a look at the bucks class. They have waxed most of the sec though. I can see Georgia becoming the new Bama of the sec. no more "rebuilding" years. Next man up is as good or better than the guy they're replacing. Go dawgs:banginghe

brownceluse

They haven't "waxed" EVERY team. Take a look at the bucks class. They have waxed most of the sec though. I can see Georgia becoming the new Bama of the sec. no more "rebuilding" years. Next man up is as good or better than the guy they're replacing. Go dawgs:banginghe

Agree, UGA waxed the state of Ga. If you want some cheap entertainment jump on some Bama boards. You'll see accusations of cheating, to Kirby can't coach to this is one year deal etc. I thought Kirby was respected by most Bama fans but man his success has created a bunch of hatred. I was very optimistic about if Kirby could coach from the day he was hired recruiting was never an issue. Well we all have an answer to both now. Kirby was a key part of the process at Bama it's pretty apparent now. I also think Kirby is the most Saban like of all of Saban's former coaches.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
They haven't "waxed" EVERY team. Take a look at the bucks class. They have waxed most of the sec though. I can see Georgia becoming the new Bama of the sec. no more "rebuilding" years. Next man up is as good or better than the guy they're replacing. Go ? dawgs:banginghe

I worded that wrong, it was for the SEC.

joepuppy

They missed on every recruit on signing day on the board. The steal he had was the Colquitt county kid but that was done by the HC at CC. But that was during early signing period. He is JP mentor.... Kirby finished 6th his first class and did exactly what JP did win a NC at Bama as a D cord. So if you compare that situation it was an epic failure for JP. But, I'll admit JP had a harder road recruiting UT than Kirby did at UGA. The state of Ga is fertile with D1 recruits at UT you have recruit out of state. I also won't compare JP to Kirby on the field when the time comes either because Butch didn't leave what Richt left Kirby. Pruitt is known as a super recruiter. Pruitt is also a great FB coach but the HC and cord position are a lot different. Recruiting is going to be hard in the SEC now. Boom at Carolina with B Mac, Kirby at home with his boys, Mullen at UF and Saban at Bama. Saban and Kirby are winning. UGA is the new hot school so up until the last couple years Saban and all the other coaches came to Ga and took what they wanted. They can't now. Kirby's job got a lot easier with the season he had for two reasons.1st being he told all these recruits that UGA was going to play for championships. Check. 2nd being he proved it. I say all of this humbleness not gloating. But Pruitt couldn't have picked a worse time to become a HC in the SEC. I also think he could have used a couple more years under Saban. :cheers:

I agree the timing was bad, but he can't do worse than Butch.I don't expect results immediately, or even as quick as UGA has found them, but I believe it will come with him at the helm. What Kirby has pulled of at UGA is nothing short of spectacular, though.:cheers:

joepuppy

We get tickled at your cockiness after a great season. Go ahead and engrave the SEC trophy for UGA. We don't have to prop up anything. We get it, you win the NC of recruiting. Keep beating your chest. As CKS says, humility is always one game away.:cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We get tickled at your cockiness after a great season. Go ahead and engrave the SEC trophy for UGA. We don't have to prop up anything. We get it, you win the NC of recruiting. Keep beating your chest. As CKS says, humility is always one game away.:cool:

Joe one decent season is not what we are proud of. We are proud that someone came to Georgia, to lock the state down, and has us on the road to improvement and consistency over the next several years.. You will not see me, predicting even being in the SECNCG, much less the NC game. But we have been around long enough, to realize their has been a stunning culture change in Athens.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Yes I do know. I have been very close to a couple recruits getting recruited by both schools. My sons trainer, trains about 2 or 3 D1 recruits every year. Although my son isn't one of them... I could tell you a lot of stories.

I'm not going to argue about coaches look at the Saban coaching tree. Saban recruits Bama. Google Jake Fromms story about Bama and Saban recruiting him. It's all about Saban on visits not the position coach. The coaching turnover at Bama is crazy but we all know why. But quit trying to make excuses for this class. Saban got out recruited by one of his former students. The state of Ga is not a buffet of recruits for Saban or other coaches anymore. It's Kirbys.:fine:

Wow,,, a couple of recruits,,, just don't know what to say.

One year proves nothing, anyone knows that. We had the #1 recruiting class 7 years in a row, it was bound to end sometimes, nothing lasts forever.

Yes, I know about Fromm, I live in the same town and everyone in Warner Robins knows about Jake Fromm. Never met the kid, but folks I know that attend the same church have nothing but great things to say about him. He was committed to Bama up till a few days before signing day, both CNS and CKS visited him at HOCO on the same day. Fromm decommitted from Bama. From what I read, both of his parents attended UGA, both were involved in athletics, I forget how. My understanding is that Jake wanted to go to UGA but had not been offered until Kirby came along.

So, we all know why concerning the coaching turnover at Bama??? I suppose you need to enlighten me and all of Bama nation cause you and the other insides folks are keeping it from Bama nation. Sure, there are speculations and innuendos, but I don't know anyone on the inside who really knows. I have my ideas, but it's just my own thoughts.

BTW, Kirby is respected by Bama fans as a whole. It's easy to cherry pick from a few disgruntled fans and portray that as the norm when it really isn't. The boards I visit don't remotely say the things you suggest. I remember several UGA fans on this board running Kirby into the ground when he was at Bama, even last year many of ya'll had nothing good to say about him. But, now he is God.

ClemsonRangers

wow,,, a couple of recruits,,, just don't know what to say.

One year proves nothing, anyone knows that. We had the #1 recruiting class 7 years in a row, it was bound to end sometimes, nothing lasts forever.

Yes, i know about fromm, i live in the same town and everyone in warner robins knows about jake fromm. Never met the kid, but folks i know that attend the same church have nothing but great things to say about him. He was committed to bama up till a few days before signing day, both cns and cks visited him at hoco on the same day. Fromm decommitted from bama. From what i read, both of his parents attended uga, both were involved in athletics, i forget how. my understanding is that jake wanted to go to uga but had not been offered until kirby came along.

so, we all know why concerning the coaching turnover at bama??? I suppose you need to enlighten me and all of bama nation cause you and the other insides folks are keeping it from bama nation. Sure, there are speculations and innuendos, but i don't know anyone on the inside who really knows. I have my ideas, but it's just my own thoughts.

Btw, kirby is respected by bama fans as a whole. It's easy to cherry pick from a few disgruntled fans and portray that as the norm when it really isn't. The boards i visit don't remotely say the things you suggest. I remember several uga fans on this board running kirby into the ground when he was at bama, even last year many of ya'll had nothing good to say about him. But, now he is god.

wow!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I do not think UGA is where Bama is yet, but I truly believe we are closing the gap slowly but surely.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I heard Saban was so mad at where they finished in recruiting, he went and chewed out Kiffen again. :D

brownceluse

Wow,,, a couple of recruits,,, just don't know what to say.

Yes, I know about Fromm, I live in the same town and everyone in Warner Robins knows about Jake Fromm. Never met the kid, but folks I know that attend the same church have nothing but great things to say about him. He was committed to Bama up till a few days before signing day, both CNS and CKS visited him at HOCO on the same day. Fromm decommitted from Bama. From what I read, both of his parents attended UGA, both were involved in athletics, I forget how. My understanding is that Jake wanted to go to UGA but had not been offered until Kirby came along.

So, we all know why concerning the coaching turnover at Bama??? I suppose you need to enlighten me and all of Bama nation cause you and the other insides folks are keeping it from Bama nation. Sure, there are speculations and innuendos, but I don't know anyone on the inside who really knows. I have my ideas, but it's just my own thoughts.

BTW, Kirby is respected by Bama fans as a whole. It's easy to cherry pick from a few disgruntled fans and portray that as the norm when it really isn't. The boards I visit don't remotely say the things you suggest. I remember several UGA fans on this board running Kirby into the ground when he was at Bama, even last year many of ya'll had nothing good to say about him. But, now he is God.

As for Fromm he was offered but Shotty blew it on his visit that’s why he committed to Bama. Go back and look at my post about Kirby and let me know if I was of these UGA fans your referring to sir. As far as the Saban coaching tree no need to explain just look around college fb. So try to spin how you see fit I think I’ve proved my point. Carry on

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
How the mighty Bammers have fallen.. Won the National Championship and I do believe it will be their last for a while.. Saban is getting old and he's losing his motivation.. He should retire and up his Fiber intake..

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I do not think, I have heard a lot of Dawgs running down CKS while he was Alabama, but what I did hear was a lot them saying we should go after him.