Food plots are baiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

If lure implies artificial, why do you call it artificial lure, why not just lure? Anything used to draw something to it is a lure, live or artificial.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
If lure implies artificial, why do you call it artificial lure, why not just lure? Anything used to draw something to it is a lure, live or artificial.

Not in the eyes of DNR. Like I said earlier, try that argument with a game warden at your corn pile and see if he agrees with you..

"Um, Mr. Game Warden, that there corn pile is not bait. It's a lure just like Tink's 69..."

Good luck...:rofl:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I can tell u how to hunt over bait in north Ga and be legal.
As close as u want for deer.

rosewood

noun
noun: lure; plural noun: lures

something that tempts or is used to tempt a person or animal to do something.

rosewood

humdandy

Banned
How many of you hunt over a food plots but are against hunting over corn? Newsflash same thing. They are both man made attractants that didn't occur naturally. Weather you planted it or threw it out by hand it doesn't matter. You are hunting over bait. IMO. What say you?

Cornfields too?

Browning Slayer

I was talking by definition, not by how the DNR interprets it.

DNR doesn't interpret that way. It is "their" definition..

You stick with Webster's Dictionary and see if it gets you out of a ticket. I think I'll go with the DNR and their definition of a lure vs bait. And if not the DNR, how about taking that ticket and fighting it in front of a judge. I bet the judge goes by DNR's definition and not Webster's.. Feel free to try and please, start a thread and let us know the results. It may turn into a thread like this one.

rosewood

DNR doesn't interpret that way. It is "their" definition..

You stick with Webster's Dictionary and see if it gets you out of a ticket. I think I'll go with the DNR and their definition of a lure vs bait. And if not the DNR, how about taking that ticket and fighting it in front of a judge. I bet the judge goes by DNR's definition and not Webster's.. Feel free to try and please, start a thread and let us know the results. It may turn into a thread like this one.

I don't plan on challenging them. Why do you think I would? I was merely defending the argument that a food plot is baiting and you took this debate down the road of people breaking the law. No one is advocating breaking the law.

A food plot is doing something to lure or attract the deer and by Webster it is the same thing. I am not stupid enough to challenge DNR on semantics.

And by the way, I can pour out bags of corn around my deer stand and the game warden will not say a thing.

Rosewood

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member

Soak corn in rock salt for a 1/2 day with water. Pour water and corn out in a spot before season. Do several times. Before season. Wait til all corn gone for the 10 day period.
The nite before season or abouts do the same with corn and rock salt.
Only pour the water out with the corn scent. It soaks in.
No visible corn or mineral. The scent will be there and they will check.
Is this how the law reads ?

red neck richie

Soak corn in rock salt for a 1/2 day with water. Pour water and corn out in a spot before season. Do several times. Before season. Wait til all corn gone for the 10 day period.

Good tip Kmack. Muscadine juice works well too.

Browning Slayer

I don't plan on challenging them. Why do you think I would? I was merely defending the argument that a food plot is baiting and you took this debate down the road of people breaking the law. No one is advocating breaking the law.

A food plot is doing something to lure or attract the deer and by Webster it is the same thing. I am not stupid enough to challenge DNR on semantics.

And by the way, I can pour out bags of corn around my deer stand and the game warden will not say a thing.

Rosewood

You don't plan on challenging them but yet you are trying to argue and give definition's of lure vs bait per Webster vs the DNR.

I could care less if you do it or not and which zone you are in.

You challenged the "definition".. And I don't care what your "opinion" is with the comparison of a food plot vs a corn pile.

The definition's of all of them are in the regs.

Funny how people's opinions drive how they do things and how they justify doing it..

As far as advocating breaking the law or not. I guess you haven't read the whole thread. We've had people say "I know you are breaking the law" to, I may or may not..

bullgator

Deer will walk past corn to get to white oak acorns. Is hunting around white oaks a no-no too?

red neck richie

Deer will walk past corn to get to white oak acorns. Is hunting around white oaks a no-no too?

Naw. If you didn't place it or plant it to hunt deer over, it ain't baiting. But I'm not opposed to it either way. Only elitist would think that. I don't really care how one chooses to hunt. The purpose of this post was to point out the hypocrisy. Weather you plant it to hunt deer over or pour it out its all a form of baiting. But I am in favor of it either way. However you choose to hunt. I think its wrong that they passed it the south but not the north.

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
915 -- Looks like it is going to force a decision. I never would have believed it.

Stroker

Cheap vanilla extract works a lot better.

Browning Slayer

915 -- Looks like it is going to force a decision. I never would have believed it.

Why would you ever doubt it? I'm involved..I told you it would hit 1,000.. I'm a man of my word.. :bounce::bounce:

rosewood

Naw. If you didn't place it or plant it to hunt deer over, it ain't baiting. But I'm not opposed to it either way. Only elitist would think that. I don't really care how one chooses to hunt. The purpose of this post was to point out the hypocrisy. Weather you plant it to hunt deer over or pour it out its all a form of baiting. But I am in favor of it either way. However you choose to hunt. I think its wrong that they passed it the south but not the north.

Apparently we are not allowed to debate the similarities or food plots vs piles of corn or point out hypocrisy, the regs are all that matter, we are not to question them...definitions by the legislators cannot be questioned...nor compared to Webster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts