Affordable deer supplement/attractant

.308 Yota

Just a cost saving tip that I have used this season with EXCELLENT results. Instead of the higher dollar supplements like acorn rage and the like I have mixed premium songbird food with the corn in my feeders. It contains sunflower seeds, safflower seeds, peanuts, dried cherries, rasins and some other stuff. It also has several vitamins and minerals added along with min 15% crude protein and min 23% crude fat. Its about $12 at Wal-mart for a 14 pound bag. I have seen a huge amount of activity at my feeders compared to last year. The turkeys seem to really like it too. I hope some of you guys can benefit from this info.

trojan7794

Hmmm .... Does the deer, turkeys, ect eat it fast? How long does a 14 lbs bag last?

.308 Yota

It lasts about 2 weeks mixed with corn in a 6 ft pvc feeder, but I was just informed by PM that it not good for Deer due to the high fat so disregard the advice. I will have to come up with somthing else.

GOTTAHUNT83

Trophy Rack Deer Nuggets! 14% protein and about $12.00 for a 40lb bag at Tractor Supply. They also have a mineral block made out of the same stuff. I just bought one this weekend for right at $12.00 and it's 33lbs. Same protein content!