Yotes in the City

Gary Mercer

I noticed that Channel 46 Atlanta had a report on a coyote wandering around Piedmont Park in Atlanta. Sure looked like a Yote, but just sashaying around in broad daylight.
Kind of unusual behavior for those critters?
They have the clip on the weather channel local web board, as a special feature. Maybe someone can figure out to post it here.

Josey

I noticed that Channel 46 Atlanta had a report on a coyote wandering around Piedmont Park in Atlanta. Sure looked like a Yote, but just sashaying around in broad daylight.
They have the clip on the weather channel local web board, as a special feature. Maybe someone can figure out to post it here.

I saw that too.

I've seen quite a few in my back yard, in broad daylight. It's not unusual.

Good thing about yotes in suburbia is they keep the wandering cats down. And chipmunks that dig and cause problems around the house. And rats that make nests in your grill. When they clear out all those pests, then they move on. And come back when their food comes back. I like having yotes around. Lets nature take care of problems.

T-N-T

I saw a show once about tigers that went into cities in India. It took a dog from an entryway to a apartment building. Or some kind of building.
The yote seems a lot better to me...

rayjay

We used to have yotes around here. They musta left as we have lots of cats now. Rather have yotes.

Gary Mercer

Funny you guys mentioned controlling cats.
I used to kill cats at the college garbage dump, out in the bottoms. Feral cats living on the rat population.
(Yes this was a long time ago.)
I would sell the cats to students that were taking a 300 level Zoology class that revolved around the disecting of a cat.
During the next semester, they would boil the carcass, and reassemble the skeleton. (But I digress)
I could sell a fresh cat for $25 at the beginning of the semester, to some of them that didn't have unlimited funds. (If they bought a cat from the lab, it was $75.)
Nice profit for a poor farm boy that grew up hating wild cats that used to decimate the quail on our property.
Between that and the moonshine whiskey for the freshman in the dorm, I usually had enough money for dance weekends.
Times have changed, haven't they?

shakey gizzard

They can become quite bold when left unchecked!:shoot:

cmshoot

When I worked morning watch at Marietta PD we used to see them knocking over trash cans up and down Whitlock Ave and Polk St.

Nugefan

They are city yotes , no hunting pressure on them at all ...

I saw a news brief and they interviewed someone down there and they said " How did the yote get down here " ...I fell on the floor laughing ....

660griz

They are city yotes , no hunting pressure on them at all ...

I saw a news brief and they interviewed someone down there and they said " How did the yote get down here " ...I fell on the floor laughing ....

Uber? :)

I lived in Phoenix for a few years. Use to hunt them in the desert all the time. Took my wife through there on a road trip. Told her to keep her eyes open and she would probably see a yote in the desert. She didn't. We got into downtown Phoenix and saw 6.

shakey gizzard

Uber? :)

I lived in Phoenix for a few years. Use to hunt them in the desert all the time. Took my wife through there on a road trip. Told her to keep her eyes open and she would probably see a yote in the desert. She didn't. We got into downtown Phoenix and saw 6.

They take the train!:D

Attachments

• 6012516_f520[1].jpg
    6012516_f520[1].jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 881

Rich Kaminski

Seen a large one in my backyard yesterday in Northeast Cobb. Now I will only let our small dog out if my big dog is outside.

westcobbdog

Had a yote trot down my street in daylight some years ago right in suburbia. My bro saw one on the Marietta Square. My Daughter worked a few years ago at the Murfreesboro Airport and when asked to go with a group on a golf cart to scatter yotes off the runway witnessed one yote scale a tall chain link fence with wire at the top with no problem.