Guesstimated value of 76 F100?

Stroker

"Good" covers a whole lot different opinions. I fool around(bought my avatar new in 76) with the 1973-1979 Ford pick ups. One of the most important things to look for is serious rust, mainly in the floor boards, cab corners, and the bed floor where it meets the front bed end panel. Many of these trucks came with either a 360 or 390 which were discontinued starting in 1977. Other engines offer were the 351C and 351/400M engines. Transmissions offered was either a C4 or C6( the best)automatics, NP 435, T18/T19 manuals. F100 and F150's came with Ford 9" rear ends. Most all parts are available and fairly cheap. These trucks are simple and easy to work on with basic hand tools, if you have any mechanical knowledge. PM me if you need more detailed info. I also have a good supply of used body parts available if you might need some.

Capt Quirk

Truck is gone. Waited too long. Didn't even bother to ask how much. I should have, I'm sure it was worth a chuckle, or a face palm facepalm:

Stroker

Check CL regularly and be ready with cash in hand, decent trucks can be bought for $1000-1500. Stay away from fuel injection and computers for ez of maintenance/trouble shooting. Be prepared to buy a set of tires, most will need them, use this as a bargaining tool. I prefer manual trans, I can replace a bad clutch, auto's get pulled and taken to a local repair shop=more $$. If I was going to buy an old 70's model truck it would be a Chevy/GM, they ride better, parts are every where, and cheaper. Ford was bad about changing part numbers in the middle of a year run. Good luck in your quest.

Capt Quirk

Check CL regularly and be ready with cash in hand, decent trucks can be bought for $1000-1500. Stay away from fuel injection and computers for ez of maintenance/trouble shooting. Be prepared to buy a set of tires, most will need them, use this as a bargaining tool. I prefer manual trans, I can replace a bad clutch, auto's get pulled and taken to a local repair shop=more $$. If I was going to buy an old 70's model truck it would be a Chevy/GM, they ride better, parts are every where, and cheaper. Ford was bad about changing part numbers in the middle of a year run. Good luck in your quest.

Somebody gets it! I hate the new computerized stuff, all jammed in. Only a 6 y.o. girl could fit their hands inside. I like the style of the Ford over Chevy, purely a personal thing. As far as changing parts numbers, the worst I ever dealt with was a late 80's or early 90's Chevy Blazer. I needed to change the front wheel bearings in it. But, it had 4wd hubs in it, even though it was a 2wd. Cost just doubled. Then I find out that it was one of 2 years where the hub was made in Canadia, and you had to special order from the dealer. The price just quadrupled.