Bartolo Colon announced as the starter for tonight's game

DannyW

While they were at it perhaps the Braves should have gone ahead and announced who would be pitching innings 2 - 9 also.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. He does it the right way, has a great attitude, and his overall career might even get a few HOF votes. But this experiment needs to be over. He may have a few more decent starts. maybe even tonight against the worst batting team in the NL, but it's obvious that he is not going to be the "innings eater" that the Brave expected when they signed him.

Out of the approximately 817 young pitchers the Braves have signed over the past two years, don't they have one or two who can come up now? Maybe a couple they don't really care about 'bringing along slowly'?

They can't be worse than Bartolo's almost 8.00 ERA, and who knows, maybe they don't fail against the stronger competition. Instead maybe they rise to the challenge and show they could be a decent starter.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think they may giving Colon two more starts to prove he can still pitch. If he fails I think they will release him.

biggdogg

I think they may giving Colon two more starts to prove he can still pitch. If he fails I think they will release him.

^^^This. They gonna make absolutely sure he's done before they eat the rest of his salary. Of course, if he stinks it up against the Padres, he's probably done...